or Connect

Posts by Mezzaluna

Welcome, Tim! A lot of us are home cooks too. There's a lot of great information for us to gain here. Your tiny kitchen makes this "interesting", I'm sure! I've seen photos of itty bitty ones in apartments in Hong Kong, New York and elsewhere, so I know you'll have a good number of people here whose brains you can pick for ideas for how to make the most of a teensy work space. I take my hat off to anyone who can make do in a small kitchen!    I have some background with...
Thank you for introducing yourself. That's quite an array of cuisines you enjoy cooking. Did you grow up with some of them? Did someone inspire you to go into a culinary career?   Have a look around the site. We're much more than only the discussion forums. There are excellent cooking articles, cookbook and equipment reviews, a job board, photo galleries and more. The members here, who are from all over the world, are our greatest resource. We hope your participation...
Wow, Daiswork6, you've got a lot of responsibility for a newcomer, but it sounds like you're trying hard to make things work. You've come to the right place to find the support you need, though! (I was hired as a lunch cook with no experience except as a home cook and managed too. Your skills must be many notches higher than mine were!)   Since you've been visiting for a while, you may know about the excellent cooking articles, cookbook and equipment reviews, photo...
I understand he had just spoken at a chefs' conference out west, but had been warned by his physicians not to go (or at least, not to fly). When I read that, I immediately thought of embolism. However, he clearly knew the risks and couldn't help but teach one more time. That's hard to get out of your blood, very hard. His influence will continue for generations through everyone he's taught, through their students and apprentices, and through his books. Even more magically,...
Welcome @Fishbone Knives ! We're thrilled to have you as our newest sponsor and look forward to your participation in the site and the community.   I'm a home cook who's always keeping an eye out for good equipment. I've not had the pleasure of hefting a Dexter in my hand as yet, but will make a point of seeking one out to try it. There's an empty slot in my knife block, and you know how nature abhors a vacuum.     Again, welcome to Chef Talk. Regards, Mezzaluna
Howdy Celerystik! Or should I say, G'day? We're happy you took your chef's advice and stopped by. It looks as if you've had some time to browse around and see all the goodies we have here: cooking articles, cookbook and equipment reviews, photo galleries and more. There's a ton of  information here going back well over a decade, so the search tool will be very useful in helping you locate just what you're looking for.   What are your culinary career goals? How did you...
What a jolt!    He was one of the greats, no question about it. 
Welcome Mikael! Please tell us a bit about yourself as a cook. What do you love to cook and eat?   Mezzaluna
Welcome ChefConnie! Good luck with your new endeavor. I expect you'll be a regular in the Professional Chefs and, perhaps, the Catering Forums to knock around some ideas. This community is an excellent place to do that, risk-free. You'll also make connections with people all over the world so the potential is there for ideas for recipes and techniques galore.   I notice you mentioned having experience as an entrepreneur. Many people who want to start a catering, baking...
Nice to have you here, John. Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself? What type of place are you cooking in? Did someone inspire you to get into a culinary career?   We hope you take a look around and get acquainted with all the features of the site: discussion forums, cooking articles, reviews of equipment and cookbooks, etc. There's a lot here, and it covers 13 years' worth of community content. We hope you add to the mix through your...