or Connect

Posts by Mezzaluna

@Mike9, anything with rillettes is heaven to me! Lucky you. Now you've got me thinking about making some myself, which I haven't done in ages. 
@oldschool1982 , I thought this would be better than a solid sheet of fat because the meat would just kind of steam under that. And yes, the drippings were very, very tasty.  Sort of beef gribenes, if you know what I mean. :D   @jake t buds , at first glance I thought your egg dish was shakshukah. Looks really tasty!
I wanted to make a beef roast on the grill for my husband but the butcher didn't have a small rib roast (or any of them, for that matter). All he had were rump roasts (too lean) and sirloin tips of the wrong size. So I had him cut a 3.5 pound sirloin steak and give me some thick slices of beef fat with it. I seasoned the steak well, laid a couple of slices of the fat in the bottom of a foil roasting pan, then laid the meat on top. I chopped about a cup and a half of the...
Hello Brian; thank you for the introduction. It's good to hear the community has been a help to you already.   We advise all new members to read the Community Guidelines upon joining ChefTalk to avoid confusion about using the forums. http://www.cheftalk.com/a/faq While all forums are open to all members to read, the professionals' forums are "read only" for us at-home cooks. Your questions for professionals should be posted only in the general forums. Trust me, they...
Hello Tammy! We're glad you found us and hope you are, too. I'm sure baking and cooking are a wonderful outlet after your workdays. (My brother is an oncologist who helped found a hospice and is trained in palliative care. What a hard job, but so much-needed your skills are.)   I see you've begun to dive into the discussion forums already, which is great! Please be aware the professional forums are fine for home cooks like you and me to think of as "read only". They're...
Hello Chrystiane. Thank you for the introduction. I'm a home cook as well. Shall I presume you mean London, England? We have members from all over the world, so it's best to ask.  Here in the States we have so many cities with names from Europe and the UK. (I taught in a village called Sussex, for instance.)   What do you enjoy cooking most? Are your children becoming adventurous eaters? With so much good international food and ingredients available, it's fun to try...
Welcome, Kaybjay! Why not tell us something about yourself? I'm a home cook myself. What do you like to cook? Was there someone who inspired you to love cooking? Are there dishes or types of cooking you'd like to learn to tackle?   Chef Talk is an excellent place for us home cooks in that we can learn from the professionals in several ways. First of all, we can read all the professional forums (although we mustn't post there). Second, they can answer our questions in the...
Hi Tayler! Good to have you with us. Congratulations on the new position, too. Chef Talk is an excellent place to achieve your aims to keep learning and sharing new ideas. Our members, both professionals and home cooks, come from all over the world as well as the U.S., so your perspective will be broadened even further.   Besides the excellent array of forums, don't miss the cooking articles, cookbook and equipment forums, photo galleries and more. We encourage you to...
Hello Barbara! We're happy you found us, too. The site a great deal to offer, from the many forums to cooking articles, cookbook and equipment reviews and on to photo galleries. Don't miss our Facebook page and Pinterest board, as well!    But the members are the true wealth of Chef Talk, in my opinion. There aren't many places on the Internet you can meet such a broad array of people from so many countries, with such varied cooking experiences and interests, of all...
Hello Indira! We're happy to have you with us. What an intriguing path you have taken. Many of our members are interested in healthful cooking and eating, so you'll find many recipes and discussions on related topics. The search tool will help you locate those and any other topics of interest. Be sure to be aware of the dates of any discussions you find; Chef Talk has been active for 14 years, so some discussions may have paused years ago, so you may want to start a new...