or Connect

Posts by Mezzaluna

I love where this thread has gone! It's one of the things I adore about Chef Talk. I learned what Zappodilla is and now I'm going to look up jelly coconut.
Ah, the closest I've come to your region is Kavala. But there's time to see more of Greece!
Welcome Larry, we're glad to have you with us. This is a great place to do exactly what you hope to do: connect with others in the business, learn some new ideas and share what you know, too. Our membership is from all over the world, all levels of expertise, and we welcome home cooks as warmly as the seasoned veterans of restaurant kitchens.    If you're looking to change up some of your recipes, don't miss the cooking articles. There are some great ideas there on...
Yum, @Nicko!    All this has me jonesing for poached eggs with hollandaise. I think that'll be my lunch with a little salad. 
Thanks for the introduction, Maria. I'm a home cook too and I'm also a retired teacher. Your energy and zest for cooking come through loudly and clearly! You'll love that you can pick up recipes and techniques here on your favorite cuisines from Japanese and Indian cooks and chefs who live there and/or grew up there. It's one of the great things about Chef Talk.   Some other great things about this community are the cooking articles, cookbook and equipment reviews, photo...
Let me add my welcome too! My husband and I will be traveling to New Zealand next year. We're eager to see the beautiful landscapes and I'll be on the lookout for markets and other ways to discover your food ways. A cookbook is on my list of souvenirs to find.
Thank you for the introduction, John. You've found another valuable resource in this community, as the members here are a rich source of knowledge you won't find in a book. On top of that, some of the pros here are culinary instructors. Ka-ching! Speaking as a home cook, I like to put in a good word for those of us who are the keepers of other kitchen knowledge- let's call it's Escoffier's granny's lore. You know, the food of one's childhood and the flavor memories you...
Just got back from seeing "100 Foot Journey" in which Helen Mirren   [[SPOILER]]   I made my first key lime pie yesterday. I intended to use a recipe from the King Arthur Flour website but when I consulted some CT members in the general Baking and Pastry forum, I was persuaded to abandon KAF's overly-milky recipe and use @foodnfoto 's tried-and-true formula: four egg yolks, one 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk, 1/3 cup key lime juice. The filling was just right....
@foodnfoto, your filling was delicious! Clearly, the recipe from KAF would have been far too milky and not citrusy enough. I wasn't at all wild about the pretzel crust, but it was okay. I ended up serving sweetened whipped cream (I had a can of it in the fridge) but also had some whipping cream, which I didn't sweeten and stabilized with a smidge of corn starch. It held up very well and I didn't have any pie to bring home.   @phatch I could kick myself: I forgot to take...
χαιρετώ! Hello Dimitris and welcome to Chef Talk. This is a most excellent place to ask questions if you are new to cooking and baking. The experienced home cooks and the professionals will gladly answer your questions. Before you post, try using the search tool to see if there has been a discussion about your topic already. If not, choose the best forum for your question and start a new thread.   Please be sure to read the Community Guidelines, which you have agreed...