or Connect

Posts by Mezzaluna

Hello Y'all and welcome! I'm from the south too (well, southern Wisconsin ) and we're delighted to have you with us. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that your name means you like dachsunds, not that you bake them.  Seriously, I can see by you posts you're the pastry instructor, right?   One of our long-time members, Jim (Berman) is also a culinary instructor. You might enjoy reading about his and his students' exploits. The search tool can help you find Jim,...
Bonjour and welcome to Chef Talk! I can hear your adventurous spirit and hope you will add it to our community by participating here. We're happy you have conquered your Mageirocophobia! Perhaps you can help others as well. How long have you been doing your show on the radio in Accra?   I'm a cook at home too. We can learn so much from each other and from the professional chefs here, which is not a common thing on the Internet. Chef Talk makes it easy to share what...
Hello amine chef, and welcome. Do you cook for people in their homes? I'm not clear on your role, whether you are a professional chef or a home cook. Perhaps you can clarify that for me.    Is there a particular style of cuisine you like to prepare? Are there ingredients you prefer to use? I see that healthy dishes are your goal. They are mine as well, for myself and for my husband.    Please acquaint yourself with the site, including the cooking articles,...
Hello to you, Jen! We've got a good many Scots here, including one of our New User Forum moderators, Ishbel. I've traveled to Scotland myself (although it's been many years), but it's on the list of places to visit again soon.    What is the establishment like where you work? What type of cuisine do you prepare, and what is your role in the kitchen?   Please take a bit of time to acquaint yourself with the site. Don't miss the cooking articles, cookbook and...
Thank you for the introduction, and congratulations on your recent marriage. I sense the excitement you have for cooking and hope that you'll find this community to be a place you can learn and share, and where you can grow as a cook while having fun.   I see you've already found the discussion threads! It's true we have a good many of them, and they extend back many years. (Watch the dates if you go searching topics; some conversations may have paused quite some...
Hello May Thu. Welcome to Chef Talk. Do you work in a restaurant? Or do you cook only at home? Please tell us a bit about what you like to cook.   We hope you will explore the Chef Talk site and enjoy the discussions here. You can post questions in the General Forums if you are not working as a chef. If you are a Professional chef, you can also post in the Professional forums, too. But you can read all of the forums.    Besides the forums we have cooking...
Hello Chefette! Welcome to Chef Talk. You have the perspective of a Renaissance woman. Perhaps you'll tell us a bit about the establishment in which you work. We have a good contingent from the Rockies, but our members come from all over the world, from every continent (even Antarctica now and then), giving CT an eclectic vibe. There aren't a lot of places where you can share what you know with a chef in Singapore, then learn how to make, say, an authentic Peruvian dish...
Welcome, Nina! As Goldi has hinted, the professional members here are much more likely to share what they know than the those at other sites. After all, that's the basic philosophy of Chef Talk: "A food lover's link to professional chefs". True, not everyone is eager to tell you everything, but many will be happy to mentor you as best they can at a distance. We have culinary instructors who are members too, and some people are just natural teachers.    Since you're...
Welcome Tom2. You have very specific interests, and I know you'll find a lot of good information here. I suggest you do some searching, because over the years there've been discussions of charcuterie as well as pickling, and you'll want to have a look at the possibilities of those threads.   I see that you're a home cook, as I am. We're welcome to read in the professional forums, posting there is reserved for professional chefs only. However, the general forums are...
Hi Maria and Stephen. Welcome to Chef Talk. I guess I'm not sure whom I'm addressing when you say "send me ideas", but if it's anything like my house, it's probably Maria, right?!  Or not... sorry if I got that wrong.    At any rate, the way Chef Talk works is that you're invited to read all the forums as well as the cooking articles, cookbook and equipment reviews and everything else here- and there's a LOT here. However: when it comes to posting, home cooks like...