or Connect

Posts by Mezzaluna

Hi Frankie! We're glad to have you with us. I wonder how it was that your path to Chef Talk took a while? Never mind, you're here now and can enjoy the place.   My brother was at Ft. Sam Houston briefly in the 60's and loved San Antonio. I hear it's a city one must visit at some point, so it's on my list. Our nephew will be going to U-Texas at Austin, so when we visit him that could be a good chance to make SA part of a tour a the state.   Our discussion forums are...
Ciao, Stasia! Welcome to Chef Talk. I'm a home cook too. I've also visited your beautiful city, Firenze some years ago.    We hope you will enjoy taking part in the discussions here. There are also cooking articles to read, reviews of cookbooks and equipment, and photo galleries to view. You can add photos of your own creations as well.   What are some of your favorite dishes to prepare? I loved shopping in the Mercato Centrale and looking at all the beautiful...
Welcome Fritz! That's an impressive collection. Yes, we play nice here. Not being knife-knowledgeable, I'm not familiar with "KKF" but I can attest to our civility here. If anybody plays rough we sic the moderators on them. I'm not the worst of the bunch, although I spent decades (professionally, mind you) among middle-schoolers. It's been helpful at times, I'll be frank.    If you've had some time to browse around you've probably seen the large array of forums. Home...
Yes, I'd make a stuffing as you describe. Bread crumbs might suffice if the amount is small. (In my home, leftover matzo would work if Passover had just ended!)    For the soup, I'm not sure in what form the onions are, but I'll guess they're in wedges or chunks. You could chop them into spoon-friendly dice as well as the kielbasa and any tomato pieces. Brown further if necessary for more flavor. Some potato pieces could also be diced and some pureed in the broth...
I vote for soup! That's my go-to solution. How about the basis for a stuffing for chicken breasts, fish or whatever?
Welcome! We're glad you found us and hope you enjoy being part of the community. Be sure to have a look at the FAQ page. Don't miss the cooking articles, cookbook and equipment reviews, photo galleries, etc. This is an excellent place to connect and revel in your love of food.   We hope to see you here often. Best regards, Mezzaluna
Hello BiscottiBaker! Welcome to Chef Talk. I'm a home cook too and have found this site and its members to be very helpful.    Starting a business when you're an at-home baker/cook can be daunting, even if you are passionate about what you are doing. I once thought I'd try and do that with a recipe of mine (I did succeed in selling my item in a deli for a brief period) but in the end the challenges of getting training, proper sanitation certifications, financing, etc....
Bienvenue, Jamie! We're glad you found us and know you'll enjoy being part of the community. I'm a home cook too and can attest to the huge improvement in my own cooking and baking since becoming a member here almost 14 years ago. It's wonderful how welcoming the other members are, professionals and home cooks alike.    The discussion forums are certainly a rich source of advice and ideas. Going back so far in time, you'll need to use the search tool to dig through it...
Hello Allseasons! Welcome to Chef Talk. What topics are of interest to you? What is your focus in the kitchen?   We hope you'll have a good look at the entire site; we're more than only the discussion forums, although they are scintillating! Check out the excellent cooking articles, the reviews of cookbooks and equipment, photo galleries, etc. We look forward to having you contribute your knowledge and observations to the mix here.   Welcome! Mezzaluna
Hello Peder J. and welcome! Thank you for your introduction here in the New Users forum. We look forward to your contributions in the other discussion forums of the site as well. Besides the discussions, don't miss the excellent cooking articles, reviews of cookbooks and cooking equipment (which is perhaps timely in your restaurant development), and other aspects of the offerings here.   Are you changing cuisines as well as decor? I know this time can be exciting and...