or Connect

Posts by Mezzaluna

Hello Jacob and welcome! You'll find exactly the kind of insights you seek here at Chef Talk. The members here are happy to share the experience they've gathered in the business. We hope you'll share what you know, too. No matter your age, level of training or expertise, everyone has something of value to contribute. We don't shut out anyone whether you're new to professional kitchens, a culinary student or a home cook.    Besides the great discussion forums, we have...
Welcome to Chef Talk Juana! You've come to the right place to connect with others who are starting out and with experienced people in the field, whether they're into pastry or the "hot" side of the kitchen. There are also a lot of us home cooks here too, from all over the world. With the large number of people here, with such broad areas of expertise, you're sure to gain a lot of good information.   We invite you to take some time to explore the site and have a look at...
Zagut, it's your ideas we care about most anyway! See you around.  Mezz
Yes, JonPaul, Wales is breathtaking. I was a single American woman, rented a car in Chester and drove alone through the country for four or five days. I'll admit my interest was drawn by having read history, most of it English at first, so I wanted to see those impressive castles built in the 13th century. But it was the tenacity and spirit of the Welsh people that got me to book the visit. The first day took me all the way to through Snowdonia to Caernarfon, but I also...
παντα καλο! Fusion is a popular style of cooking, and depending on the cuisines you combine, it can be very exciting.    Good luck in your future. I hope you find a restaurant workplace when you finish and that you continue to learn.   Mezzaluna
Welcome Chef Jason! We're delighted you've found us and look forward to your taking part in our community. Please take some time to acquaint yourself with the entire site, as we're much more than simply a discussion forum. The cooking articles are excellent and we also have cookbook and equipment reviews, photo galleries, and more. As we've been online for over a decade, you may find the search tool helpful to sift through the many years' worth of material, too. Chef Talk...
Welcome striker56! We're happy to have you with us. We have some Greek members here, and our founder, Nicko, is an American Greek. Many of us (myself included) have visited Greece. We'll try and help you feel at home here.  Please let us know if you have any questions about how the site works.   I hope you'll take a look at the cooking articles, photo galleries, and the reviews of equipment and books. You have probably found the forum for culinary students already, and I...
Welcome to Chef Talk JonPaul. We're always happy to welcome another culinary enthusiast to our ranks. I'm a home cook myself and have enjoyed over a decade of participation here. My cooking (which was pretty good to begin with, if I do say so myself) has improved and I can now bake with more confidence. Besides that I've conversed with some of the most interesting people from all over the world and gained a few pounds, too.  And I don't mean pounds sterling.   Please...
Zagut, I'm no computer whiz. I'll see what I can do to find out why you can't see the smileys and other editing tools. Could be your browser; could be something else. You may receive a Private Message (PM) from another moderator about this, possibly Phatch. Phil might be able to help you; I'll see if he or someone else can figure it out. In the mean time, enjoy the site!
Welcome Chef Matt. We're glad you found us and hope you enjoy being part of the community as well. We've had members here who cook at colleges; one cooked in a residence hall and had a very motherly feeling toward her "kids". Lots of good stories and good tips about making do on academic budgets. I was involved as a student in residence hall food service as an advisor to the director and learned a bit about what it takes to feed 7800 people, including some international...