or Connect

Posts by liv4fud

You have been a good support for a lot of newbies and aspirants like me... Have a great b'day (belated)
thank you all for nice replies, I have been (interestingly) eating out for a few days due to school, work, family... responsibilities all coming to a boil at the same time. but yes the *blackening* sounds very intersting and true, I had a couple of places where they actually burnt the meat (my first experiences) that led to a shut down for a while. but this cheeseburgers in paradise place was good. you could taste tilapia (sorry not much there) and the spices too. so...
i m using a non-stick pan - also tried with stainless steel all were clean
I was trying to cook Tilapia by sauteeing it in a little bit of oil in a pan and let it go for a couple of minutes per side... These were simple and boneless fillets available at costco. I did have a lot of problem with sticking and I don't know if it was because I used more or less oil... Also, i don't know if I should dip the fish in all-purpose flour and dry dust it with flour on both side for not sticking Also, if someone can share the *blackened* concept and...
actually the first 2 decades of my life were spent in Mumbai (Bombay) as I am from there...
mezzaluna, you are welcome, sorry didn't get around to the thread in a while, I would be making a short trip to India soon and hope to get some more recipes, and cooking techniques. will post soon.
seems like shortly to see food shows we will actually have to wait till wee hours of morning or lousy timings or different channels other than foodtv (this has been oft repeated) just like mtv - to see music videos u need to either get on internet, or check bet or check out mtv after the whole world has gone asleep all day long its real world, pimp my ride, blind date, ..... can some one pass some beer please! this thread is getting too serious...
mezz, the chef that I was staging under right now has been employed in wisconsin area. I don't have the name of the restaurant, but do visit there, it should be something what you are looking for. Based on his recipes and my mom's combined, I did post a pictorial guide on one of the other forums that I lurk on. chole There are atleast 2 others (one for tandoori chicken and other for vindaloo pork) also if you check out their EGCI section, there are atleast 2...
who watched rachel ray for cooking??:blush:
hey mudbug, regarding using them, I try using them in multiple ways: * while cutting them, I munch on some of them (don't know if its wise idea) * then, I have used them in chinese dishes that I am trying to cook * I have used them in Indian curries with and without meat. however, one thing that I haven't been able to figure out (and this is digressing from the topic) is that *sogginess* that you get. It also messes up the spices as the water that comes out. ...