or Connect

Posts by Rblum

I am getting ready to start selling, or at least attempt to sell, a dry rub that I have put together over the past 5 years or so and would LOVE some professional, or novice, input. I have been using it in my restaurant for the past two years with great response. If you would like a sample pm me your contact info and I would be happy to send out some samples. Along with which I will be sending out some of the suggested usages ie marinages, glazes etc. Thanks in advance...
Thanks.... Not planning on using my home, I am a Chef at a golf course, and the restaurant itself is only open from 11 to 6 leaving a good deal of time to use our facilities. Owner will alow me to use the kitchen for the cost of utilities. They just cut my pay pretty drastically, so I offered this as an alternative to them losing me completely. I will be going to get info for licensing etc next week. I will at first be marketing locally in the Ft Collins/Boulder area to...
I have been giving a great deal of thought on this and thought that perhaps this would be the best area to post my question, seeing as how a few of you may be/probably are private business owners. I am looking for a bit of guidance as to how I might go about starting up a , small scale to start, cheese/sausage business. If anyone has any links/places to begin regarding regulations, requirements etc that would be most appreciated. This is a bit off in the distance to say...
Rubber bands on tray jacks... nuff said
I knew aout the sanitation, rest mgmt etc, just wasnt sure about the wording on the other classes though. Thanks for the help!
Now that the abv are OTW.... I was browsing over ACFs requirements foro CEC. they ask for, if I am reading this correctly; in addition to experience requirements, they list education options. AA in Culinary, ACFF Apprentice program, or 150 hours of continuing education hours. Based on the little scale at the bottom of the sheet 1 semester credit hour + 16 CEHs. Now my question, are these all supposed to be culinary courses, which would make sense, or do they mean...
WOW...... I know what Im eating tomorrow!!!
we had a group pof service staff that would pick at plates, one night one of my cooks had his dinner picked apart at the end of the night while he was changing. so the next night, we cut up some chicken breaded and fried it.. we also cut op some rolled line towls breaded and fried them... "this chicken sure is chewey"
The FIRST person I ever had to fire, was my best friend. Not an aquaintance, but this was, for all intents and purposes, my brother. I gave him numerous chances, and sat down and explained things with him on both a professional level and a personal level. The day I fired him, I was sick. But it was my job. He got mad at me for waiting so long and for being upset about it. Two things if this personi s a true friend , it wont affect the friendsship, and if they were a...
Ok... so we just moved into an older home with mature landscaping. There are large trees around the property. whats the best way to go about locating the best place to place the garden? how , other than sitting outside all day watching the sun do i find this out. although... it would be a good excuse to throw back a few cold ones, and relax...what are you doing...im trying to figure out the best plae to put our garden dear...this is all for science.