or Connect

Posts by kaffeenjunkie

It may be safe to eat and personally, I don't mind it. Set that on a table in front of your guests and I guarantee you will get it back in the kitchen or you will be buying that chicken dinner 99 out 100 times.
Jim, We must be the odd man out, our guest counts, bottom and top line are up over last yr. Raising prices in a slow methodical fashion with menu changes on a quarterly basis. Also allows us to take advantage of seasonal items. Creating the perception of value through menu mix. Offering comfort food items with a little twist. Heavy marketing to my established guests to keep their attention and keep them from straying. My top 500- We are in their inbox at least...
Personally I would rather plow through a plate full of fresh picked morels, maitake, boletes or a nice fresh puffball in the afternoon after a morning in the woods.
we used to dry brown sugar out over nite in the oven and then grind it in a food mill and keep it dry. drop it on the creme brulee and tip off the excess. Best i have ever seen or used.
Try Gordon Food Service. I know they are delivering in the Chicago area. They have a line of all natural beef as well as natural chicken and I believe pork as well. I am not sure at all about the turkey, veal or lamb. No hormones, steroids or antibiotics 300 days before slaughter on the beef. Its not Niman Ranch but it is a step in the right direction with a reasonable price. All items are stock items. Since they are the 4th largest broadline supplier in the...
You have absolutely nothing to lose. The universe rewards action.
Today's Cookbok Prize is: Oysters: A Culinary Celebration by: Joan Reardon Oysters for the staff of life! :D Thanks to you for such a cool marketing promotion!
There is no doubt that she is angry that she didn't get the exec chef position. She has demonstrated that she is capable. You have been told that there are "procedures" and if you don't follow them then you may be looked at in a negative light and may cause the hotel money in higher unemployment ins. fees and other potential issues. Tread lightly. If she comes and goes as she pleases and you have put her on a schedule then you need to write her up. You have already...
Learning how to understand your balance sheet, read a P&L, forcast sales or do a budget isn't something you want to learn after you open your restaurant. Yes, you need to know how to cook but you need to learn how the business side works even more. You can always hire a chef, finding soem one to run your biz for you is near impossible. Another thing, I wish I had paid more attention to, is marketing.
[QUOTE=jbd;238270]Just how much more is one person supposed to do???? Where is the cafeteria manager??? Shouldn't he be stepping up to help out or does his title exempt from helping out when the chips are down??? The manager should be aware that things "are a bit out of sorts", as you put it and should be taking positive steps to get things sorted out and back on track. He shouldn't walk in and start complaining about stuff not being done. Absolutely pathetic...