or Connect

Posts by Blade55440

Like everybody said, just stick with it and try your best not to let it get to you. I started about 2 months ago in a better kitchen than my last and was truly very nervous about starting. I'm working with people older than I am, with much more experience as well, and it scared the bejesus out of me. The trick is to just learn everything you can and just do your job to the best of your ability. You will find that once you become comfortable with all the dishes and...
mmm that sounds really good. I think that's going to be the next dish I make for my friends.
You know I'm only 23, but I gotta agree with you on this here. I find hugging my parents just doesn't have the same "nothing could go wrong" feel it used to anymore. I miss that, same with being excited to learn new things. Now-a-days I'm lucky to get a smirk on my face when I learn some new trivial fact to add to my collection. p.s. Thundercats and Transformers rules
If you don't mind me asking, what path did you take to get to being a sous chef so early in your life? Did you start working in restaurants early in your job experience? Or did you do something else? I'm curious to see what options there are beside just toughing it out for what might seem forever.
Before I read the actual thread (and saw the video) two things immediately went through my head: "...How do they keep it safe with the fish thrashing about in hot oil?" and "Why would you want to?" After watching the video: "...what was the point of doing that?" and "I don't want something watching me eat it. Sorry. No can do."
I think I'm gonna be sick.... :(
Not to mention the fact they were smaller fries than the steak fries from the regular joint and are cooked a little harder as well. I mean 3:10 in 375 will get those suckers pretty low on the water activity scale. Then you add in the salt (which can get massive depending on the heavy hand dishing it out), and I can agree, they become bullet-proof. p.s. Yes, the video proves nothing. Although it was interesting how the McD's burgers were support penicillin better than...
I think this is about the time that I need to bust out my stone and have at it with my set. They're in need of it I'm sure. Any tricks on sharpening ones with a rather pronounced bolster (or coller, not sure if they're the same). It makes it hard to get to that bit right at the beginning. p.s. any tricks to help keep a consistent angle also?
Best things I can think of are: a) "schlepp" it again and have at it with a hacksaw. b) Get a band saw c) Find somebody with a masonry saw :D d) Um...get creative and try a a jig saw, or just take out some frustrations and get a hammer?:look:
I'm going to say that 95& of the failures are due to undercapitalization. People try to get into the business and don't realize how much money it takes to get going, then keep going while you're digging your business out of the red. A well run business takes about 2+ years to get out of the red and begin making any profit at all. As many people I've talked to who have successfully opened up a business have told me: "Take what you think you'll need...and double it"