or Connect

Posts by foodpump

I dunnoo..... When I worked at the big hotels and clubs, the purchaser and/or Chef would deal with reps. So I never experienced a good rep. When I worked at the smaller places (read, smaller accounts) I got the usual crap. I am grateful though, I learned how to cheat, and how not to trust anything that was promised. This prepared me well for when I ran/run my own, albeit, small business. I also believe the reps DO have control over the quslity of produce that is...
[quote name="jake t buds" . 20 seconds of texting is a problem? Yeah. Ok.  [/quote] There is a problem, because its never 20 seconds, it always morphs into one more status update, one more of this or that. Like I mentioned in almost every post in this thread, the employee has breaks, never further than 2 hrs apart, and what you do on your break is your business. I've had this conversation many times with employees: If you have to get high every day before your shift,...
Uh-huh....   Lets do a 180 here...   You pay X $ for concert tix.  In the  middle of a set, one of the musicians slides out her cell and stares at it for 20 or so seconds.  During this time she loses her beat, and it takes her well over 10 minutes afterwards to catch up.   Do you stop and think wtf?  Can't she do this inbetween sets?  I mean the concert is only 2 hrs and there's set breaks every half and hour.  Do you feel somewhat cheated, or not getting your...
Precisely my point.  See, I'm "one of them", the employer. I sign the paychecks, I hump  18 hr days looking for contracts and marketing opportunities, mainly to keep my staff employed.  Because I know if they get less than 30 hrs a week I'll lose them. When I was at the Marriott in S'pore there was this waiter who sold insurance on the side.  Every one knew enough to stay away from him in the lunch room, but the guy would hit you up at work.  H.R. gave him a warning after...
The best would be quarrystone floor tile. This is what most commercial kitchens have. Of course it is expensive, but it will last many years, in some places Ive worked, it can be as old as 50 years and still hold up and look great. Basically you are paying for two components, labour and material. Labour difference between a good commercial vinyl sheet and a cheap residential vinyl sheet will be the same, but the cheap stuff will have to be replaced within 5 years. If...
Yup, she did.
I guess I should clarify a bit... Its not the server's choice of clothing or how she wants to assert herself. Its just that she has her phone strapped to her leg.... Now, I'm going to assume that she has some kind of house key, car key, or bike key, that she has some kind of wallet with some kind of money and some kind of I.D. But these aren't strapped to her leg, those are probably sitting in a locker or drawer. O.k. Yes I am an employer, and yes, I expect...
So yesterday, the wife and I go into a local café for coffees.  Girl at the front counter served us.  Attractive, 20-ish, wearing a work-appropriate top that ended at her waist and tight black leggings.  O.k. so far appropriate for a coffee place.  Strapped to her right thigh, with some kind of a mnfctrd elastic holster, was her cell phone......  James Bond, eat yer heart out....   Had to give my head a shake.  O.K., yeah most servers have their cellphone jammed in their...
I figured you say something like thar. Hey, your words and opinion, not mine.Not me. I make stuff people pay to eat, stuff thet tell their friends about, stuff that gets me on social media and the papers.So you continue with your sh*tty fava beans, but remember, cooks have the power to make memorable meals, mediocre ones, as well as the power to poison, maim, or even kill.You come across in your posts as very naiive and bitter about something. Hope you change for the...
Hi cook1st I cut 4" pvc pipe into 11/2"high rings and use these for mousses or poached cheesecakes. I drape chocolate decorations (when still soft) over various lengths of pipe for a ripple effect. Regrding condoms, if you read my post, I mentioned it was directly out of one of Wybauw's books. The man is a chocolate genius, but I don't know if he does youtube, I'd guess not. You fill a condom with tempered couverture, wrap it around a cake ring, and let it harden, ...