or Connect

Posts by foodpump

I've made several of those cutters, with 1", 1 1/2" and 2" spacing. Bought a couple dozen s/s pizza wheels at the dollar store, drilled the rivets out, and mounted them on 1/2"redi-rod (a.k.a. All thread) with wood spacers and wood handles. Since I like classy tools, I capped off the ends with s/s acorn nuts.
Have you ever used such a thing?  You need a lot of pressure to push it down and cut individual bars. Where does this pressure come from, and how do you apply it?  You've got a huuge surface area to apply pressure to in order for the thing to cut well.  Then there's the little problem of product sticking to the grid, since you're lifting straight up and down, and not rolling. If money is no issue, you can use a confectioner's "guitar"  This is giant frame with s/s wires...
True.... The more I think about this, the truer it seems.  Frightening, crotch freezing frightening, but true. Thank god I'm a guy, I don't think I could ever make it as woman  .
"We don't do things like that around here". "Yes, I know. Thats why the owners hired me, to change the way things are done. Now, can you get me my coffee?"
Bar codes. No retail outlet will want to even know your name if you don't have bar codes on your packaging. Then comes the nutitional chart..... Never a dull moment.
If you have a sharp knife, and cut on metal baking sheets, your knife won't be sharp for very long...... You will also find tiny shards/slivers of the baking tray in your food Can you slide the contents--on baking paper, onto a cutting board? If not, lay a sheet of paper ontop of the product, laya baking pan ontop of this, and while squeezing both pans together, flip the entire thing upside down. Remove the baking pan, exposing the paper clad bottom of your product. ...
Hey DND,   I'm not particularily fond of baking powder/soda, so I try and avoid it when I can.   When I make scones, I use a weird technique.  If you're new to baking, you might not know about puff pastry, but there are a zillion ways to make it.  One way is the "Blitz" or lightning method, where you cube your butter and mix it into the flour, add your water, and make a right mess.  Then you roll it out, fold it, and repeat a few times.  It rises quite well--not as...
Its complicated.....   First things first, what are your costs for food, and what are your costs for overhead?  Next, figure out what you need to earn on a daily basis to cover those costs and a basic salary for yourself.   Once you know that, you have a starting point.   Next, what are your competitors charging? If your product is unique, and something that no one is doing, you can charge what you want.    If it isn't,  you will have to be prepared for the client...
Me?  Clean with hot soapy water and a nylon scrubbie, let dry for maybe a half hour, then wipe down with a pad of paper towels soaked in bleach water, or quats solution if you have it.   Pay attention to how you let the board dry.  Wood or other, don't pile it on a flat surface, or it won't dry properly, and you'll get some nasty smells.  Best solution is to toss it on a baker's rack where it can air dry properly.  And again, with wood or other materials, pay attention...
Hey Phatch, I stuck my neck out a week or so back for the exact same thing,-this b.s. about wood boards being self sanitizing. I'd hate for you to get the same nuclear fall out that I got, but yeah, you're right, that b.s. has got to stop.