or Connect

Posts by foodpump

Something weird is going on with my posts, looks like someone ran them through a robot-coupe.....
Lets go back to the meaning of stock.Stocks and bonds..... You can cash in your stocks anytime you like, but bonds have to mature. Stock=readily convertible.Stores have huge inventories of stock. This stock can be sold anytime for money. Stock = readily convertible.Thus stocks are usually meant to be very universal and interchangeable. You might, from the same stock, reduce down to a glaze for sauces, make a soup, or dilute a soup thati s too salty or strongly...
What I don't want in my kitchen, is a roll taking up 2ft of counter space, AND becoming a magnet for crumbs, flour, liquids, etc. When I work in other kitchens, I bring a plastic tool box/fishing tackle box. In the top tray, I put in the tools I'll need, shove the box in my locker, and take the tray with me. I can easily stow this tray away, and bang it in the d/washer when it gets dirty. Old school was to have a bank of drawers in the kitchen,, each with a lock, one...
Lets go back to the meaning of stock. Stocks an bonds. You can cash in your stocks anytime you like, but bonds have to mature. Stock=readily convertible. Stores have huge inventories of stock. This stock can be sold at anybtime for money. Stock = readily convertible A consomme is not only cleared with a raft of mirepoix and eggwhite, but with ground meat
Its not. Soups had a much more important place on the menu 30 years ago then they do now. The more expensive the menu, the more elaborate the soup. There are, literally, hundreds of consomme garnishes and variations. And there are numerous soups that feature delicate, finely cut vegetables and garnishes in a clear broth. The effect would be lost on a cloudy broth, hence the need for a clear stock. The cloudiness is dead protein. By now, you should know at what temp....
What flipflopgirl said, especially the part about "has proven to be popular". No store wants to carry something that doesn't sell well, and they want customer recognition of the brand whenever possible. You also have to acknowledge that the store will mark up your product anywhere from 35%-50%, your whlsl. price has to factor this in. The "big boys" like whole foods lean heavily on suppliers, they will want an initial free shipment of every item per store, they will...
I used to have a teacher in gr. 7 who would do that, put forth a question, and then step back and say " discuss"....
Blackhawk, I don't understand your logic. You want to be a Fn'B, great. What knowledge and skills do you need, besides managemental skills, accounting, and HR? You need a cooking AND serving background in order to make a good F&B, or your subordinates will know more about their jobs than you do. And that is what separates a sh*tty F&B from a good one.
Euro standard is 2% salt by weight. Don't know if there's a n. Ameican standard.
Well, I only did it for 10. 'Last weddong we did, m.o.b. (mother of bide) kept lowballing us. Didn't want appies, fine. Didn't want a bar, fine. Sign here please. Our policy was 25 down, then 50 14 days prior, and the last 25 BEFORE the event starts. Dinner was at 6 at 2 m. o. b. gets the security guard to call us, telling us we`re an hour late. Get there at 4 and mob has a "welcoming party" for us. She`s screaming about her appies, her guests are hungry,...