or Connect

Posts by foodpump

I don't quite follow.....Everyone'sbasically told you to move on, its a sinking ship. Yet it seems you won't acknowledge this. Love the place? Its too close and too comfortable for you to look elsewhere?Look, here's another way of looking at things:You say there are 3 lazy azz mngrs.Who is paying them? Rule of life is, if you like what they are doing, you pay them and they stay. If you think they are lousy, you fire them.Yet there they are. Who ever is paying them...
Got two shops on my street. The whole city (Vancouver)has more pot shops than Tim Horton's ( a coffee and donut chain). The kicker is that pot is still illegal, and that all of these stores are uperating without business licences.
I dunno, I just dunno.....   I'm a social recluse, working alone in the kitchen for the last 10 years.  Seen a lot of servers come and go though, some were great, some couldn't leave thier phones alone for 10 minutes, some partied hard but could work hard too. Most could handle the pos system easily but many could not do basic sums in their head.   One thing that does disturb me is that most under-19's don't think its anything to be concerned about  to blaze up in...
Oh there are, mainly from S. America, but they are hard to find and are quite pricey
1) Any refrigeration, buy brand new.  If you don't do this, you'll be sorry. Remote compressors may cost more in the beginning, but boy, your kitchen will be a lot quieter and cooler    2) Other equipment, (mixers, sheeters, ovens, etc) buy used, but from local bakery equipment suppliers--stay away from the restaurant guys, they don't know jack sh*t about bakery eqpt . 3) |Buy any small wares used--auctions, garage sales, craigslist, rest. suppliers, whatever.  This...
Best thing I can suggest is to get yourself a scale rule, and draw out your kitchen on a 1/10 scale on paper, include all doors and windows. Now pick out your dream appliances, draw them to scale on paper, and cut them out. Then its just a matter of shuffling them around on your paper plan. A couple of notes: If you have a basement under you, its not a problem to move plumbing or gas lines, it'll just cost, but its not a problem. Venting can usually be run along a...
For me, if it has flour and sugar in it, was made and baked in-house, then it's a "pastry item".
Standard response is to get yourself washing dishes locally. Doesn't matter where. If you don't like ikitchens in Florida, you won't like them in the carribean. How's your french and spanish?
Well, of course there will be hurdles in the climb up to a supervisory position.  But they shouldn't have anything to do with your private life.  You will get a-hole co workers from time to time, but most people want to extract as much knowledge and technique from you and don't really care about what you do off the clock.   Gawd knows that if I had a dollar for every gay co-worker that I've worked with, I'd be rich. Can't really say if I've ever worked with transgendered...
Cruise lines are notoriously hard for employees.  Be prepared for 7 day weeks, 12 hr shifts.  You might a get a few hours shore leave in ports of call.  Accommodations are "fun", usually 4 to a cabin.     Hope this helps....