or Connect

Posts by foodpump

Typical banquet hall....  They'll try whatever it takes to make a buck.   You can raise your prices 10% to cover the kickback, but that's a decision not to taken lightly.   You can also throw the ball back to the bqt facility and ask them to guarantee you "X" amount of business per month for earning their "commission".  That's a nice way of telling them to (blank) off, because they will never guarantee such a thing.  Still it's a nice way of getting out, gives you a...
Well, since there is no water in chocolate, the sugar in your 60% has not dissolved, it is in a very fine powdered form, but not in  solution.  Add this to your water and sugar, and there is a good possibility of graining or crystalizing .   Try subbing 10% of your sugar with a doctor like corn syrup, honey, molasses, or brown sugar.   H T H
Based on the principle of a broken clock still tells time accurately twice a day for one minute, yes, you will encounter racist, anti-feminist s.o.b.'s in the hospitality industry.  However, I don't think you should be experiencing this at school, especially when you pay for it.   That being said, you are just a few years older than I am, and so you should be that much more cynical than I am.  While reading your post my immediate thought was:"What does this guy take with...
Gruetzi-wohl!   Were abouts in Switzerland are you?
 Funny...  Y'know just last week the corner store next to me got a fine from City Hall for not removing graffiti, so they had to act.  Rather than removing the spray paint, they covered it up with more paint.  Except that it didn't match the original paint job, and they only gave it one coat, so the graffiti bled through. If it wasn't so butt-ugly, it would be--to use some one else's description--Hilarious.....
Ah the "Chef' business....   Almost as much ink has been spilled on this subject as "what is the "Best" knife?"   My take?   I come from a planet far, far away... There were no cooking shows on TV that glamorized cooking back then, and cooking wasn't really all that interesting anyway.   Funny thing was, back then, at every place I worked at, the only person you called "Chef" was the guy who hired you, the guy who handed you your paycheck, and the guy who gave you...
You mean....."Just one leetle waffer-thin chocolate?"....
Hair grows back....
It would be great experience, but.......   Now if you were tagging along with an experienced Chef from day 1, I 'd say jump on it!   But three months to build a kitchen from scratch with no menu or even theme in mind, and then someone goes out and buys a few $2500 stoves and don't even know if or where they'll fit under a non-existent hood says a lot about the owners.   Most knowledgeable places will cut a deal with restaurant equipment suppliers, they buy X amount...
Uh-huh...   A tattoo has one, and only one purpose: To attract attention.   What's under your work clothes is none of my business.   What's on your face, neck, or hands gets my attention, and now that you have my attention, you might not like it.....