Posts by foodpump

O.k., look. You can raise x amount of capitol from your various lenders. How long do you think it will take just to pay back the interest-not the principle, and earn enough to cover your basic living expenses?
O.k. then, best of luck. If you need more advice, I'd suggest trying another website. Please don't p.m. (private message) me.
Let me use this comparison to get my thoughts across. Say I have this great idea for a car, ideas that are guaranteed to make this dream car of mine a hit, a best seller. I do a few caculations and find I need to sell y cars per year at x dollars per car. I found the ideal location for a factory, and I roughly know what kind of equipment to buy. Problem is, I have no automotive background. I love driving, and can fix a flat tire, but have no automotive knowledge. No...
Ah! STARTING with 100 deliveries per day. This is a much more intelligent way of starting off a business. Two points I have to make crystal clear to you. 1) If you go ahead with this venture, your lifestyle--as you know it, will cease to exist. 2) People will only sign up for a month's worth if lunches once. This has nothing to do with the quality of your food or service. People get tired of your style of cooking, no matter how good it is. Acknowldege this, plan...
Whadya mean, no walk ins? Where are your raw ingredients stored?Btw no one yet has found a wsy to transport french fties hot.
Just get it replaced. Health jnspectors will make you replace it snyway if they see silcone, epoxy, or "farmer welding" (my apologies to any farmers) If you do get it welded, all welds have to be ground smooth and polished. It would be easier and cheaper just to replace it, plus you won't p*ss off the health inspector. D.a.m.h.i.k.t.........
What you want is a production kitchen. You also need to grasp the entire concept if a working kitchen. Lets start st the begining. Ingredients are ordered and recieved. You need a loading bay and walk in coolers or freezers, dry storage, and paper/packaging storage Ingredients are processed. You need prep sinks, work tables, meat slicers, shredders, food processers, ovens, tilt skillets or ranges and pots, and steam kettles. A steamer and a vacuum packaging machine...
I guess selling "tickets" for groups at say 10% of the menu price to guarantee that table at that day at that time might work, and other than that all bets are off, you'll just have to wait like everyone else. Might even sweeten the pot with some little freebie when the party books and pays in advance. Thing is, if the customer doesn't pay for reservations, they won't respect the service you're offering. Its gotta hurt a little for someone to respect it.....
5 days is fine. A week is starting to push it