or Connect

Posts by foodpump

You mean....."Just one leetle waffer-thin chocolate?"....
Hair grows back....
It would be great experience, but.......   Now if you were tagging along with an experienced Chef from day 1, I 'd say jump on it!   But three months to build a kitchen from scratch with no menu or even theme in mind, and then someone goes out and buys a few $2500 stoves and don't even know if or where they'll fit under a non-existent hood says a lot about the owners.   Most knowledgeable places will cut a deal with restaurant equipment suppliers, they buy X amount...
Uh-huh...   A tattoo has one, and only one purpose: To attract attention.   What's under your work clothes is none of my business.   What's on your face, neck, or hands gets my attention, and now that you have my attention, you might not like it.....
Here in Vancouver we have a dive called...........   Slickety Jim's Chat n' chew
This isn't my quote, but I'm using it:   "What I cook is for the customer, how I cook is for me"....
I think the "best" culinary school would be the one that required you to work at least a year in the industry before applying....   Therefore, I don't think there is any "Best" school.   Don't you think it would be a good idea to know what you're getting into before you plunk your money down?
Hmmm...   Well, to be honest, I've got several, all Ikea (cheapest, natch).   One's at home, got a 10" Henckels, a bunch of paring knives, and a cheapo bread knife on it all hanging on it.  10 years now, no problems--and we live in an earthquake zone too.   One's at work, got a 12"  Wusthof, a couple of icing spatulas, a 9" Victorinox, three serrated knives, and a couple of paring knives all hanging on it .  7 years, no issues   One's in the garage.  Got a bunch of...
Mine neither.  But hey, you do get to pay the same union dues as f/t though!
For regular forms with sloped walls, I don't use weight filled foil or parchment "packages" to bake blind.   Instead of fighting gravity, I use gravity.   I line out the form as usual, than stack another matching form on top of it.  The dough is  now "sandwiched" in between two forms   Now place this upside down on a tray and bake as per  usual.   When cool, remove the top form.   Gravity will always pull  the dough down, use it to your advantage.