or Connect

Posts by foodpump

Meh... every time I "burn the midnight oil", I always get stopped on my way home by a VW bus full of bikini clad co-eds looking for a "private Chef" to cook for them.....
Can we bring back the Cutco thread?   Pleeeze?   The last sales rep didn't answer my response yet.....
Hi Pioneer,   I have explained what hollow grounds are , and why tapering blade thickness is so important in previous Cutco posts.  However, I will explain again.   Most engineers will agree that the two most important inventions are the wheel and the wedge.  We'll discuss the wedge in this post.   Anyone who cuts firewood can tell you there is a huge difference between a splitting axe and a felling, or cutting axe.  A splitting axe has a very "fat" or wide "V" shape...
Yeah, I read the article on another website, a lot of people mooted the idea if it was actually genuine or not.   But, even as the owner of a small chocolate and pastry shop, I see a lot of people staring at their phones while seated at the table.   On the other hand....   I'm starting to see a lot more computers integrated into dining room tables, like, the menu is only accessible via the computer, you can only call the server via the computer.  Whatever that is, it...
Yes, per deck.  You can stack as many decks ontop of each other as you like.   I've done pretty much everything with convections, learned to place a tray of flat bbq bricks on the very bottom of electric ovens for "hearth" baking, and also to provide some heat mass storage because once you open those two giant doors, you will loose a lot of heat.  Open the doors, say 5 times in 10 minutes and your kitchen is going to get verrrrrrrry hot, and your oven will take a long...
Huh?  Why more work?  I've been doing it that way for about 30 years now.  Slice the spuds, throw them in just enough milk or milk/ cream to cover, blanch, when just tender scoop out and lay in a buttered gratin dish.  Reduce the milk mixture a bit, season, pour over the spuds, sprinkle cheese, or bread crumbs or what ever if desired, and bake.
If you read the previous thread on the subject you will understand the following:   The blodgett zephaire 200 is a gas convection oven   1)Gas ovens have a "fire box" located on the bottom,  the fan sucks up the heat and blows it around.  Seeing as how heat always rises, the lower part of the oven will be hotter than the upper, as this is where the heat is produced. .    2)As the fan only rotates in one direction, you will get more heat in the direction the fan blows...
Try the chocolate forums.  70%,  and "it's a chocolate life" come to mind.  They usually have some kind of a "classified" section on their site
Thank you for your honesty and welcome to Cheftalk. It's true, many of us here--both professional and non-professional have a, uh, less than stellar view of Cutco for reasons I'd be happy to discuss--again.   As you may have guessed, most posters here are very passionate about food, about cooking, techniques and tools.  While we do groan and gripe about the cost of say, a Kitchen aid mixer (+/- $400-600) no one complains about the value or performance.  Same holds true...
Hi Ross,   I guess this is a two pronged post, but I really want you to see things from a distance.   Firstly, suppliers:   I've never dealt with Sysco, but I have kicked out their reps from my kitchen on more than one occasion.  My experinces with "X bros." a local broadliner, gave me, an um, shall we say a different perspective?  So I deal with x-bros, everything from dish soap to strawberries, at the time I was doing well over 4K/ mnth minimum with them, not a big...