Posts by foodpump

This recipie doesn't tolerate much water. Can you give us an example of the amounts of ingredients used?
Uhh, Danny T. No disrespect but things ARE very different here in Canada. What I said about Amex is true, indie retailers are offered the low, low rate of 3.8% , vs. 1.8 (if you shop around, thst is) to 2 -2.2% for Visa or M.C. Multi national retailers will get better rates with Amex, but only because they do most of their banking in the U. S. Cdn Banks WILL give you better c. card rates than the credit card co. s themselves, and city board of trade or business...
Keep in mind, combi ovens usually come in 1/2 size, the full size ovens are almost twice as expensive.  1/2 size works well for anything in hotel pans, and ideal for roasting meats.   If you bake a lot, you'll still need a baking oven, since you can only load a max of 5  1/2 sheet pans in a regular 1/2 size combi oven.  Also remember there are only 24 hrs in one one day, and only one combi oven.  If your oven is "busy" with steaming $20 worth of rice, you can't load in...
Tricky subject.....   Just because you have a terminal doesn't mean you have a Visa /or M.C. account, you'll be needing those too.  Some machines only do credit cards and not interact (a.k.a debit card), and some only debit card.   Most machines--regardless if you rent or buy, require a secondary service (i.e Moneris) that sit on your money and then dole it back to you--minus their cut. Mind you, you still have to pay the credit card's cut as well   Ont. is different...
Is this for bread only, or other batters as well?
Well, lets see now, warehouse, eh? Is the floor structural slab, or slab on grade? If its structural slab, its pretty easy to pop holes in for fixtures, like toilets, sinks, mop sinks, and especially ye olde greasse-trap. You just need to x-ray, then cut and core, pipe is suspended below. (which is hopefully a parking garage, not an office) With slab on grade, you gotta x-ray, cut, core, trench, lay pipe, and cement over. Oh, building permits, you're gonna need...
If you read the original post, dr vogel says he removed a ring in the french top, therefore the pot sat in a hollow, like a wok. So a concave or convex pot bottom really isn't the issue. What gives? I dunno....
Never understood the concept of those things..... I avoid the automated check outs at the big box stores like the plague. When asked why, I invariably say something like:"I bet those machines must cost alot, but really, when it beeps and buzzes at me, I'll smash it", or " only if I get a 5% discount for not using a real, human operated checkout". So, being a cheap s.o.b. (and a lifer cook who has witnessed what servers take home, and insist that thet earned every cent...
Just out of curiousity chefdwilliams, did you give yourself that name, or did others give it to you?
Yes, you can cook pasta, quick-soak and cook beans too, can jams and jellies. But all of this as akin to using a Rolls royce to drive Aunt Sally around for shopping--a much more practical choice would be a small toyota. Where the combi oven really shines is with rethermalization( heati ng up dressed plates for bqting) steaming large amounts of fish or veg, and roasting meats with minimal weight loss. Baking in a combi is good, but you will never have separate control...