or Connect

Posts by foodpump

After the first couple of months after opening the chocolate business, I went out and bought 5 khaki coloured jackets from a local supplier/mnfctr.   Why khaki coloured you ask?   That's the colour my normal white jackets took on after washing out chocolate spills......
Your ultimate goal is to get a great job, right?   Then I think you need to talk to employers, not culinary graduates, it's the employers who are offering the gigs, right?   Every employer I've ever met (confession here, I are one too...) is more concerned with practical work experience than the amount or pedigree of schooling.  Basically we (employers) are looking for two things:  Speed, and ability to work with others. After that, the ability to follow orders (last...
Pictures of the shed and a copy of a customer's  invoice would work.  Bypass the Health dept and see if you can find a Dr. at the E.R. to file a complaint..... 
My standard response for the usual mashed potato recipies is:   Boil your potatoes as usual, whole preferably.  Push each cooked spud through a potato ricer.  Keep this on your mise en place.  For single or multiple orders, heat "your favorite liquid" (milk, milk and cream, milk and butter, milk and butter solids) is a stainless sautoir (DO NOT use aluminum, or you'll have grey spuds) add the riced pots, whip, and heat.     Mashed pots don't hold well in the steam...
I've made several of those cutters, with 1", 1 1/2" and 2" spacing. Bought a couple dozen s/s pizza wheels at the dollar store, drilled the rivets out, and mounted them on 1/2"redi-rod (a.k.a. All thread) with wood spacers and wood handles. Since I like classy tools, I capped off the ends with s/s acorn nuts.
Have you ever used such a thing?  You need a lot of pressure to push it down and cut individual bars. Where does this pressure come from, and how do you apply it?  You've got a huuge surface area to apply pressure to in order for the thing to cut well.  Then there's the little problem of product sticking to the grid, since you're lifting straight up and down, and not rolling. If money is no issue, you can use a confectioner's "guitar"  This is giant frame with s/s wires...
True.... The more I think about this, the truer it seems.  Frightening, crotch freezing frightening, but true. Thank god I'm a guy, I don't think I could ever make it as woman  .
"We don't do things like that around here". "Yes, I know. Thats why the owners hired me, to change the way things are done. Now, can you get me my coffee?"
Bar codes. No retail outlet will want to even know your name if you don't have bar codes on your packaging. Then comes the nutitional chart..... Never a dull moment.
If you have a sharp knife, and cut on metal baking sheets, your knife won't be sharp for very long...... You will also find tiny shards/slivers of the baking tray in your food Can you slide the contents--on baking paper, onto a cutting board? If not, lay a sheet of paper ontop of the product, laya baking pan ontop of this, and while squeezing both pans together, flip the entire thing upside down. Remove the baking pan, exposing the paper clad bottom of your product. ...