or Connect

Posts by foodpump

Hi Power....   I think we're coming at this from two different angles.  My angle is that I've been in business for myself for the last 17 years now, so I tend to see things a bit different as compared from an employees point of view.   I'm an old fart and have been around a lot, which also means I've been burned one or a few times. I really do enjoy showing or training employees new techniques, explaining things, and lending them my personal books.  But I don't do this...
 Maybe. Probably.Then again, I wouldn't hire a cook with 5 years experience and then "share" with him how to temp a med. steak.  I would with a newbie salad guy provided he/she is genuinely interested, but I won't force/fob off my knowledge on people. But business knowledge isn't meant to be shared....
Don't worry about it.  The mods will have the whole thread removed in a few hours......
Ummm....   I think you should have looked a little into the history of your brand on this particular website:   There are many threads concerning your product, and the general opinion is very unflattering, and I'm being nice here, m'kay? .   Also, if you did a little looking into this site, you should have noticed that promoting commercial products on the threads is not going to happen.  You may rent advertising space, which is encouraged, but flogging your stuff on...
Oh no. No, the thread is about powdered cream--the stuff that comes from cow's milk and is dehydrated.   I challenge you to read and pronounce out loud the ingredient list on "Coffee-Mate".  Around here it's called "Coffee-bleach"...
You need both.   Most--if not all bakeries are production based.  You might be panning bread or docking bases for hours on end and not know about the whole procedure.  Hotels are usually banquet based, so you might be piping out 500 choc mousses or garnishing an 800 plate dinner.   If you are lucky or have the personality of Jesus, you might get a Chef who will take you under his/her wing and explain things: Why one sweet dough needs powdered sugar and another only...
Yes, I've been using a table-top reversible sheeter for close to 15 years now, "Rondo" brand.  They are expensive, about 6 grand, new, but they are very versatile.  I am very comfortable with this brand and will recommend them, but there are other brands available.   Fritsch is another brand that I have worked within the past, and it is available in table top models as well.   There are also many Chinese and Taiwanese brands available as well, but I have never used one...
I think there are a few issues all lumped in together here.   Yes, I regularily use recipies from others.  Some I get from books, some from magazines, some have been handed down to me.  Fair game as far as I am concerned. If you don't want others to use your secret crabby-patty recipie, don't print it.   Plating or presentation is another issue.  Everybody has their own style, it would take a lot of effort and concentration to perfectly imitate another guys work.  Now...
Howabout making a flavoured syrup?  Make a cinnamon or whatever flavour syrup you want, strain, store, and to your coffee?