or Connect

Posts by foodpump

For me, it has nothing to do with flavour. Salt does not readily dissolve in cold water, it just settles to the bottom of the pot. Many cookware mnfctrs. ask that you not do this as heat plus salt will cause pitting, particularily with aluminum. Salt will dissolve almost immediatly in hot water though.
Smoked onions, used to do sacks and sacks of smoked onions. Smoked onion soup, smoky flavour in stews. Whole lot better than something out of a bottle....
That's been on the market for at least 5 years in Canada, and at least 3 times as long in Europe.
Ah I see.... May suggest doing some "leg work" first? Make something at home, take a few pics, and ask friends, family, etc. what they would pay for, say, a 8" ny cheesecake. If 5 or more from 10 people you ask give you a price that covers your ingredients and time, you might make a go of it.
Tools for? Production? Portioning? Storage of raw ingredients? Packaging? Labeling? (including bar codes. No store will touch you if you don't have bar codes) Storage of finished products? Shipping? Display/merchandising? If you like, I can steer you in the direction of a few distributers. They can tell you what retail stores want, and can take over all distibution. Most charge between 30%-35%.
Hi Kbuff, Not to sound snotty or anything, but if anyone on this site met the criteria for your idea, odds are they would develop it themselves instead of tossing it out for free. Once again, I apologize for sounding snotty.
I haven't got the books you describe, however....... In the professional kitchen, eggs are weighed out. Not only does this make the recipies accurate and quick to scale out, it makes it soooooo much easier to cost out recipies, as well as inventory taking. Hope this helps.
I know about " cheese strings", this picture depucts steak strings--the meat was sliced with the grain. A.k.a stringy steak...
Hi Andrew, What is your ultimate goal? Where do you see yourself in 5, 10 years from now?
Thanks Nicko!