or Connect

Posts by foodpump

Hey Pan, Whirlpool bought Kitchen aid a looong time ago What you might not know about Hobart is that they were one of the pioneers in bar code scanners and supermarket checkout systems back in the 70's, they also do a lot of electronic scales and scales/printers for the butchers. I owned a Tiawanese 30qt clone back in the late 90's, gears were crap. I've been told by numerous bakery and food service mechanics that the quality has improved a lot since then. I know a...
What factors do you take in when preparing a prep list?   For me the following have an impact in preparing a prep list, most importantly HOW much (ie par level) to prep for:   Reservations Day of the week ( Tue vs. Sat night) Weather Traffic situation Special events in the area   I can't wrap my head around computer program specifically for prep lists.  Does this mean cooks will require access to a computer and printer all the time during their shift?  Does it...
$12/hr for someone with less than 3 mths cooking experience is a pretty good deal, especially if you are working in a high end place.   This is where phrases like "passion for cooking" are put to the acid test....     You won't be the first cook or the last-- to ponder how you will pay rent and basics with a miniscule paycheck.  Pretty much anyone you admire in the culinary world has gone through the same ordeal, some with young families to support, others with...
Go down to the dollar store and get a large funnel, use this to fill up your toilet ducks or any other container you want to fill.  Keep the funnel stored upside down on top of the bleach jug.   I remember "communicating" with chemical companies in Singapore in the late 90's.  One company specialized in dishwashing stuff and related cleaning chemicals.  Their labels would only state the market name of the stuff and what it was idea for, no mention of dilution rate, or if...
  After over 10 years of participating on this site, I can honestly say that people post on this site generally for  two reasons: The first is to ask questions about anything related to food or cooking The second is to offer advice or to answer questions about anything food or cooking related Your posts, all 12 of them, don't fall into the above two categories Another third, less common reason to post is to solicit business.  See our archives for "Cutco" knife shills. ...
Hi Kaique,   Here's what I read into your post.   Your co-worker sees herself as sous-chef material, and nothing is stopping her to change her views.    In other words no one is challenging her in the kitchen.  No one did in the beginning, which is why she sees herself as sous material.   Maybe she is physically a better cook, maybe she isn't.  Maybe her managerial skills are developing well, maybe they suck royally.  But again, no one is challenging her, and...
Well, if it were me, I'd calculate it the following way:   Cost of food, figuring on a buffer of 10% of raw stuff that is tucked away in a few coolers   Cost of rentals including bbq's, Cambros, chafers, hand wash stations, disposables, rental trucks, tents/awning, tables and chairs.    Cost of staff, figuring on 2 shifts, need to factor in  travel time for staff, set up time, and break down time.  Even if you have excellent servers, you can't expect them to work 18...
If you are too lenient with your buy-back policy, stores will over order and take advantage of the policy.  If you want to order and stock the shelves, you  are supplying a lot of labour, which has its pros and cons, but certain chains are unionized and don't want independents dong their work.   I guess a lot depends on a)  Shelf life b) whl sale cost c) retail mark up 
Looks to be unused, once it goes through a commercial dishwasher, the aluminum oxidizes. Has both the slicing blade and shredder, bonus. Usually the pivots on the hopper door are shot to hell, common practice is to sleeve a sink stopper tube over the handle for more leverage, when the blades get dull you need it. But this one is practically new. I'd start off with $250 This will fit most other mixers as well, most of the share the same hub
Don't they make a 48-er dishwashing rack for shot glasses?