Posts by foodpump

Well, someday, it might have something to do with having "me head up me arse", not elaborating or commentig on this, but instead running away from the site. Prior to this comment my posts were brief, informative, polite, and in no way vindictive to anyone. The thread is open for everyone to view and decide if what I say is true or not. Its a pity chipshopman can't explain his side of the story....
Well, ChipShopMan, if you walk away now, I guess you will never really find out, eh? Good luck in NYC, Hablo espanol?
What really matters, chipshop man, is what the health inspector says if s/he ever observes someone preparing food, or even opening food packaging with a pocket knife. If it doesn't result in a royal dressing down sh*t fit, it will result in fines or demerit points, or both.So, no, its not o.k.Ok?
To be perfectly honest, I do have a pocket knife most days. This is a hangover from my time in the Swiss army whete we had to have a variety of items-including a pocket knife - on our person at all times, or discipline would be meted out ("Sack befehl" or "pocket orders) That being said, the two rules are--like I mentioned above, always have the knife on a chain or lanyard and attatched to a belt loop, clips are useless. Two, and most important, only use the knife for...
I just use zip lock baggies, small ones for sauces, bigger for stocks. Lay them flat and freeze, this way they dont take up too much space. I wince at the thought of frrezing glass jars, its no fun cleaning up glass shards in a freezer.....
Wasn't that the knife that was, uh, "featured" in the tv series "Breaking Bad"?
Problem is, people with the qualities you are looking for will never be a "2nd chef", these are people who do things for themselves. In other words, entrepeneurs. Settle for either an invester, or a good cook, or a good chef. But you can't have all three.
Pocket clips are pretty useless, you bend, the clip dislodges from the pocket material and the knife is free.Its not just the blade that needs cleaning, its the cavity the blade folds into. This is usually filled with pocket fluff, debris, and whatever else. Its the same thing with those stupid knife rolls, the cavities get dirty and contaminate a otherwise clean blade. Believe me, you dont want a health inspector telling you this.
A -yup, theres that, (which is pretty important if you don't like to "speak on the big white telephone" next day after eating it)But also a good chance that the lid will get sucked down and form a tight vacuum seal on the pot as it slowly cools. You can damage your pot and lid with if you try to pry the lid off with a screwdriver. The only way to get the lid off is to heat up the liquid, which brings you right back to where you started....
1) If you dont have some kind of a chain or tether for the knife attatched to a belt loop, it'll fall out of your pocket and get lost within a week. Cooks pants only have two styles of pockets:Ones big enough to hide a pregneant elephant in, and ones so shallow that even keys will fall out. Both are lousy to keep even keys in, let alone a knife. 2) If you do decide to bring one to work, never, ever, ever ever let the health inspector see you using it, because the...