or Connect

Posts by foodpump

A-yup! For those who have houses with forced air heating, the current picks up the paper and starts flapping in the breeze. This prooves irresistable to cats, and they just HAVE TO sink their claws into a soft yielding roll of t.p. that is flapping in their faces. After a while it isn't cute to re-spool a half mile of t.p. with claw marks in it, so you leave the roll in a cabinet.....
I dunno....   Gave up on TV, oh, 20 years ago, so none of this is making sense to me--well, other than chefbuba's comic strip.  On the other hand, it makes me wonder if I'm really missing anything at all, or did "they"  take the T&A out of sitcoms and put them in cooking shows now?
Slice er up. Nylon or wood, they cut very well. Dishwasher is an idiot proof way to sanitize.
Don't laugh about the Wagners, if you need to spray choc, that's what you'll use.  However, you will never get a smooth glossy surface if you're spraying choc, you will get a semi-gloss pebbly surface, but never baby-butt glossy smooth--regardless of how much you thin the couverture out with cocoa butter.  If you spray on a frozen item (frozen cake, entrement ec.) you'll get a finer pebbly rust-brown surface.   For colours, the coarser (and cheaper) airbrushes work best,...
Flour is sifted for a number of reasons To better distribute leaveners such as baking pwdr, or salt, or cocoa pwdr, in the flour before adding into the wet mix. Thus avoiding "pockets"vof mix with too much of one of the forementioned ingerdients in the batter. To incorporate more air in cake batters and cookie doughs To get rid of flour clumps that dont mix well into wet ingredients And then there's the "bug" thing....
30 p/t dinosaurs......   I've got a feeling the owner wanted "to take care of them" and brought them in to ensure they got some kind of a paycheck.  Nothing wrong with this attitude, especially if it's your money, but still, talk about giving the Chef a headache.  I would politely and discreetly ask the owner why he chose 30 p/t instead of 5 or 6 decent f/t with maybe a few p/t as back up.   I can see where the owner would balk at hiring any new staff with 30 still on...
Has anyone evervreadvIan Hemphill's HISTORY OF SPICES? Good bedtime reading.....
I only know what every bartender around the world knows:    Salt is a thirst and appetite stimulant...   It is also highly addictive   And other than that, it's dirt cheap, weighs a fair amount, and has preserving qualities.   If no food mnfctr wants to address the obscene amounts of salt thrown into foods, then it's time a gov't--local or otherwise- has to address it.
Trial by fire.
I am totally confused...   8 weeks no pay means 4 missed pay checks, and four pay periods get to get things "hammered out" with the owners.  If the owners argue that they don't have a payroll system set up yet, laugh in their faces and walk out the door.   For the openings I worked at, I made sure I did at least 40 hrs/week-everything from setting up shelving in the walk in, to interviewing staff, to costing out menus, to setting up accounts with suppliers, and buying...