or Connect

Posts by foodpump

I dunno.... In this city (Vancouver) the vapes tend to be fruit flavours--cherry, bubblegum, etc. I personally can't take an adult seriously who is blowing cherry flavoured vapour my way, I'd probably tell them to put their toy away.
A one night fling at an abandoned warehouse? Don't forget to include at least 3 portable toilets for female guests and two for the males in your plans...
Mmmm....300$ tip for a $200 meal. Wonder if she bought a round of cokes for the kitchen?
Great response! I guess the practical thing to do would be to find out exactly what kind of fines you'd be looking at before you got started. Personal bankrupcy is a (deleted), and to be avoided at any cost. Shouldn't be hard to get that information, easier than say... looking for a simple ice cream recipie?....
So I, the legit. operator has to pay "all that stuff", but you don't because? Why? Because you comb you hair differently than I do? Maybe you feel you deserve not to pay "all that stuff" , but I do?When I was catering I had home based competition every so often who would underbid me by as much as 50%, and I would regularily call up the health inspector to "check them out", and they would invariably shut them down. Don't be suprised if this happens to an underground...
What you have to remember is that the size of the the theromometer tip is what determines the reading. Thus a tiny tip will only provide a small sampleling of the general temperture. You can stick 10 different thermometers into a pot of biling water, and each thermometer will give you a diferent reading. What all this really means is, choose the themometer with the biggest bulb, usually this means an alcohol type therometer. Hope this helps....
License to operate a taxi in the city of . Every city is different, with the largest cities charging the most, many on an auction basis. Next time you're back home, ask the taxi driver what it costs in his city. The cities earn big bucks this way, food trucks pay a lot too. Insurance on a taxi is much, much higher than a regular car. When I lived in S'pore the gov't slapped a 300% importbduty on each car, and then a license on top of that. Getting back to food,...
Not quite the same..... You'd freak out if you knew what a taxi license costs, and what insurance on the vehicle costs, let alone fuel and minimal maintenence. But back to restaurants. I'm sure by now you've talked to hundreds if not thousands of Europeans, Aussies, Asians, etc. They all get really p. o.d when the get "conned" into paying 20% tips. I mean violently upset. First question they always ask is "why can't these Americans pay their employees a decent...
Hi hookedcook. I think the most intelligent thing to do is to explain the "birds and the bees" of the U.S. Hospitality industry to you. Firstly, you country is split into"right to work" States and non rigjt to work States. Wash State, for example is Not a right to work, minimim wages are over$10./hr, and this is what most servers earn. In right to work states, a "tipping wage"is in place which is much lower than the min. wage, and can be as low as $2.50/hr. I, along...
Check with your local rental co.for Cambro boxes. These are heavily insulated and will keep cold for 4 hrs min. and can go longer with optional ice packs. Full size hotel pans will slide in no problem. Once you rent one, you'll probably end up buying at least two, one for hot and one for cold. When I had my catering biz we had 5 of the 300 mpc's, plus a larger one, plus one dedicated coffee container. Do not mess with ice, it's messy, sloppy, and very wet...... Hope...