or Connect

Posts by foodpump

If you read the previous thread on the subject you will understand the following:   The blodgett zephaire 200 is a gas convection oven   1)Gas ovens have a "fire box" located on the bottom,  the fan sucks up the heat and blows it around.  Seeing as how heat always rises, the lower part of the oven will be hotter than the upper, as this is where the heat is produced. .    2)As the fan only rotates in one direction, you will get more heat in the direction the fan blows...
Try the chocolate forums.  70%,  and "it's a chocolate life" come to mind.  They usually have some kind of a "classified" section on their site
Thank you for your honesty and welcome to Cheftalk. It's true, many of us here--both professional and non-professional have a, uh, less than stellar view of Cutco for reasons I'd be happy to discuss--again.   As you may have guessed, most posters here are very passionate about food, about cooking, techniques and tools.  While we do groan and gripe about the cost of say, a Kitchen aid mixer (+/- $400-600) no one complains about the value or performance.  Same holds true...
Hi Ross,   I guess this is a two pronged post, but I really want you to see things from a distance.   Firstly, suppliers:   I've never dealt with Sysco, but I have kicked out their reps from my kitchen on more than one occasion.  My experinces with "X bros." a local broadliner, gave me, an um, shall we say a different perspective?  So I deal with x-bros, everything from dish soap to strawberries, at the time I was doing well over 4K/ mnth minimum with them, not a big...
Most employers will recognize your French qualifications as better than the current Red Seal qualification.  Some employers will demand a red seal,regardless.   You can "convert" by writing a red seal equivelency test, I think Go2 offers it. I wouldn't do this right now, maybe in a year or so if you really feel you need to.   While your HACCP is valid, I think you should take a "foodsafe" course.  This is a very, very basic food handlers course, is only 8 hrs, and...
When  fecal matter is introduced at a great velocity to the impellor..... It really boils down to two choices   1) Sysco goes   or   2) Seafood goes   All things considering, whatever is on the menu makes money, and whatever you order from Sysco costs you money.   I'd say the choice is pretty obvious.   The odds of explaining this logic to a Sysco rep and getting it comprehended, are about the same odds that the said Sysco rep is reading this thread and has...
This is true.  Then again, acidic fruits and liquids aren't in water pipes.  When cooking with a solid copper pot for confectionary purposes, I know how important it is to clean the oxidized copper surfaces before using the pot again.
Murphy's law:   "The odds of a buttered piece of toast landing buttered-side down, are directly proportional to the cost of the floor covering."
Hi sirrith.  As you have now found out, it is very easy to overheat the (very thin) tin plating on copper ware. After a bubble forms, it will eventually burst, leaving a bare spot on the copper. Small tinned copper items such as you have were never intended to baked with, more for things like mousses, rice puddings, ice cream molds, and the like.  They are suitable for baking in a water bath, like creme caramel (baked caramel custard) though.
I'm on Hastings @ Nanaimo, on holidays this week, we'll open up the 15th, Tue to Sat, 9-5.