or Connect

Posts by foodpump

Beautifull leather work, and it seems the company has excellent customer service.   My main question--as an employer-- is how do you intend to sanitize you knife roll when it invariably becomes soiled?  I know any health inspector will ask this if and when they see it.
Crepes are nice, but......   For me it's all about the surface area.   The crepe grills are rather large, so many places can't afford the space for more than 3 or max 4 grills. But you can only do one crepe at a time per grill, and usually about 5-7 mins per crepe depending on the complexity and ingredients.  You also have to stand watch over the grills.   For me, it's just not viable as the mainstay of the business.  As a compliment to coffee, pastries, drinks, and...
yes, but lien on what?
Mmmm... checks bounced, payroll bounced, (soon to be divorced)owners in another state, and I'm guessing rent checks are bouncing too.   Smile, nod, and cut your losses.  Approach the barista and ask them if they can "donate" you any product or equipment worth $500.  I'm serious. It's the only way you're going to get anything worth something.  Be nice to the employees, in all likelihood you'll be dealing with them in another venture at another time.   Don't bother with...
No you can not!!!!!!! Water will never get hotter than 100 C (212 F).  Oil, on the other hand can go as far as 450 F before smoking and breaking down.
Exactly!
  Oh they've got 'em, huge units that accept 18 x 26 sheet pans, very expensive though.  Usually meant for institutional holding and serving.  The way I "preheated" my cambros was with bricks.  I kept a couple of foil wrapped bricks in the garland oven all the time.  When I needed to pre-heat a cambro, I drop a hot brick or two in a shallow pan, lock the door, and then maybe 15 mins later take the bricks out and pop the food in.  Standard maintainance/hygiene with those...
Yes, the serial number should give you the year and possibly date it was built.  It's usually on the back of the unit.   The question is, how has it been treated for the years in operation?  It could have been running--night and day-- for two years straight, or it could have sat unused for 5 years in a corner.   If you have a "main" oven, then buying this one isn't so much of a risk.  But if you don't have another oven and this one craps out on you, or costs you lots...
I dunno..... with craigslist you don't get a warranty.   It's hard to say what kind of shape it's in.   Firstly analog controls are desirable in that they are much more robust than electronic mother boards or controls--and much cheaper to replace if/when they do burn out.   Hard to say how far gone the electric heating elements are.  These will burn out eventually and need to be replaced.   Hard to say how far gone the insulation in the cabinet is.  It doesn't make...