or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by foodpump

Try a kitchen gadget store. They usually have those "pump and spray" bottles that are meant for spraying olive oil and the like. What do you want to spray?
FYou're squirming, aren't you?You can type out snarky response well enough, but you can't tell us how you would sanitize a wood cutting board?You're fun to play with!
No, no, no. WE want YOU to tell US how YOU would sanitize a wood cutting board that had, say, raw salmon filleted on it. We're all professionals here. If any of us gets a case of food borne illness at our workplace, its game over. Doesn't matter how shiny or sharp your knife is.
Well of course a nylon board will harbour bacteria if it has deep cuts and scrapes. This is why you run it through a thickness planer before deep scarring occurs. This is why many Sushi Chefs "iron"their nylon boards with a clothes iron to remove scarring, and this is why companiies like Matfer in France offer a tool that resembles a woodworkers smoothing plane (albeit using disposable razors) to smooth out cutting boards. And finally, this is one of the virtues of ...
Ceviche isn't really "cooked", its a chemical reaction from an acid. Smoking and salting aren't cooking methods either, they are preservation methods. Just because you can salt an entire side of cod, doesn't mean you can eat it.
Ahh... "the anti bacterial properties of wood" schtick should carrybthecsam weight as "Nigerian investment opportunity"....... Lemme explain Last month the health inspector pays a vsit. She casually asks me what kind of hand soap I have in my dispensor. I tell her regular. Wth a blank face and neutral voice she asks why. I tell her anti bacterial soap gives my employees a false sense of security and they tend to take greater risks. She beams at me, and sighs,...
Nylon. Always. Toss it in the dishwasher, and the deed is done. When it gets scarred, run it through a thickness planer and get another year's worth of life out of it. When you have to replace it, its a lot cheaper than all-wood boards.
The reason I suggest using a dough sheeter is because I use one to produce fillings for my bars, 24 varities, with the majority having a filling 2mm thick. Some fillings are very stubborn, like caramel, Italin nougat, marzipan,praline, etc. Mind you, my production is still small, on average I produce around 1000 a week. You have to "pull" the mass through the sheeter. Either you grasp the end of the paper sandwiched mass that protrudes at the recieving end, and...
Uhhhh....why?Is there some urban myth about someone sending out mock exams for free?You are "challanging" the red seal. That means the I. T.A. is assuming that you know what to expect on the test, and that you have taken steps to educate yourself on the whole process.This is the one gov't recognized qualification that thr Cdn hospitality industry has, the Americans don't even have one. Don't make this a joke by expecting a cheat sheet in your email inbox.Hope this...
How long do raisins last at room temp? Most dried fruits have a moisture content of around 12%. Water is life, and so is bacteria. With such a low water content most bacteria can't survive. Which is why just about every culture in the world has dried fruit, vegetables, fish, meat, etc. in their diets for centuries... So now you soak your dried fruit in booze, say 80 proof-- 40% alc. content, meaning the other 60% is water. At room temp? I'd wager after a few...
New Posts  All Forums: