Posts by HalB

That's good but you still would come come under the IRS radar. You need to order and pay for your own supplies. And you definitely have to have other clients besides him. You also need to have your own company set up- (sole proprietor, LLC, sub S) with insurance, tax ID, - whatever is required where you are operating.
I'm surprised you found somebody willing to lend you money. Here in the states you will have a real tough time finding a lending institution that will lend to a food service business. And those are businesses that have been in business and are run by someone with experience. If you are a startup and have zero experience like you- ain't no way. I know leasing companies that won't lease equipment to restaurants of any kind.   Food service has to be the riskiest type of...
  Well I might agree except, no offense, what are you good for? You have none of your own money at stake so what risk? You do nothing and expect other people to do everything for you just like you come here and brow beat us to tell you how to make this work because you have no clue. You will fairly compensate all services rendered to you? Damn decent of you. It's your idea? Really, what is it worth?  I'm sure that if someone with a successful restaurant who has an...
 If there is one thing that pisses me off it's an "entrepreneur" who want's to start a business or purchase an existing one having absolutely no background or idea what the business is about. But once it's his he want's to call the shots. God help anybody that has to work under those conditions and that's why I've never seen that kind of arrangement end well. I normally don't recommend partnerships but in your case it's imperative that you have someone with experience in...
 So how do you expect to pull this off? I see it all the time. Someone with a vision and some money but no idea what's involved or where to even begin.
 Then you're just "kicking tires" here to see what this is going to cost? If you were serious a chef would be the first person you would need to hook yourself up with to tell you how to do it. 
With two threads going here on this same subject and you not getting it, I would suggest that you hire a chef and let him or her tell you what they need to accomplish what you want (and what food is feasible). That is unless you intend to do the preparation yourself too...
I believe Maple works through cooperating restaurants and delivers locally. Food is prepared at the time of delivery.
The problem is quite simple. There is no way you are going to prepare that kind of food and deliver it someplace hours or a day later and expect it to be in a condition someone would want to eat. Kitchen size has nothing to do with it.
Reservations can be a big problem, especially if you don't have a big place. Say a party of 15 makes a reservation for 7pm. That means that those tables (half your place) sit empty from at least 6pm. When parties reserve tables I find that they think they own them for the rest of the night, no matter how fast you serve them. Friday and Saturday nights are usually the busiest for walk-ins so you could probably turn those tables over at least twice from 6-9pm. The fairest...