Posts by rlyv

Well, I would use real white chocolate, candy melts are not that appealing to me. You would then need oil based coloring for real chocolate.
I don't really understand why there is a difference, and why there has to be separate recipes for cakes and cupcakes. All my recipes for cakes make cupcakes. No problems at all. So, I'm not sure why a cupcake recipe would need to be modified. I know some people feel that there is a difference, but I've never found that to be the case. I would just bake the cupcake recipe in a cake pan and see what happens. I'm not a mix user so I can't give you any info related to that.
I don't eat raisins, but I've always thought it was just sugar that had crystallized. I've never heard anything about an acid before.
My guess would be about 5". Basic wedding tiers are generally 4-5", and these look closer to five to me.
I haven't used one myself, but this site has some info. Apparently the blade that comes with the Silhouette won't work with gumpaste. This site has an accessory pack to modify it.
Not sure if this is what you are talking about, but it sounds like it might work. There's also another size on this site. http://www.sugardelites.com/Extruder-ACE-Food-Safe-1-Inch-Diameter-6-Inch-Long-By-ArtWay_p_2742.html
I only use meringue style buttercream, so I'm not sure if this will work with your type. But, I take a small amount of my Swiss meringue buttercream and melt it just slightly until it's liquid, but not hot, in the microwave. Then, I mix my color in that. Sort of a blooming of the color. Then mix it into the remaining buttercream. I've found this helps get darker colors. But, for a large amount, you will probably need a lot of color. Americolor makes a navy blue. Adding a...
I think regular marshmallows would probably be easiest, especially for transport and appearance. Sometimes marshmallow creme can deflate and not have that fluffiness when it's first made. Cut marshmallows would also give lots of edges for torching, which is the best part .
I've never had pie or tart dough stick to the pan. Seems like an unnecessary step to me.