or Connect

Posts by Gudy

Atlantic is very disorganized! I talked (multiple times) to a great admissions person and thought they were assisting with applying for state funding which would help me as well as other potential students (they had Section 30 funding previously which assisted students on unemployment to collect additional benefits while in school) Anyway I was told they had submitted the paperwork and found out 3 weeks later they never had. Apparentlyit was too much trouble for the new...
be a hassle. I could have pracically walked to Cambridge Culinary but Connecticut seems a much better program. The other school was only 19 hours per week (one 3 hour lecture and two 8 hour labs) vs. 27.5 or so and mostly in the kitchem plus the externship... Cambridge Culinary perhaps would be a better program for someone working full time in Boston as they could go there at night etc.
and other schools. I met with a recruiter at Conn. Culinary (CCI). One concern was that the campus I would be on in Suffield (closest to Boston) does not have a full restaurant. He said it was better because there were "problems" with NECI as they used students to work 60 hours per week for free in their restaurant when they were paying to be in school. I underterstand that whomever I speak to will say their school is the best (I walked into a William Sonoma and was...
yesterday and saw many kitchens. It was really dead since everyone is on vacation. There was damage in the building because some student in the dorm pulled apart a radiator and caused major water damage. They say it will be fixed in the next couple of weeks. When I initially called I was told by the recruiter that they could def schedule my classes at 7:00am (until about 12:30). When I went there he was wishy washy and said some would be in the afternoon, so wouldn't...
The money part is not an issue since I qualify for retraining funding through the state. For certain programs, including Connecticut Culinary (Suffield, CT), International Culinary (Fall River, MA), Cambridge Culinary (Cambridge, MA) and some Community Colleges, the state will pay 100% including appl. fee, all lab fees, supplies, transporatation or food and housing plus unemployment benefits while in school. My wife also works. So, I basically wanted feedback on these...
Ok, I realize it's just the name of the program.
I was a bit tired when I posted and had been telling everyone who asks me why I want to go back to school - because I want to evenually be an Executive Chef. If anyone else is around, I would love to hear about the differences in this program vs. Atlantic Culinary (Le Cordon Bleu), Cambridge Culinary, and International school in Fall River (The person I spoke to at CCI had only heard of the Fall River program in the past month - so that doesn't say much about that program).
Hi, I am new to this forum. I am 47 years old and planning to enter an Executive Chef Program so that I can change careers. I live in the Boston area and have an interview at Connecticut Culinary in Suffield, CT next week. Does anyone know anything about this program? I need a program that I can complete in about a year. This program is 15 months with the option to go back and take the math English etc to make it into an Associates Degree. Because of my age I...