or Connect

Posts by Mulak

Hey guys   I'm just wondering why pastry shops and bakeries close on sundays... I know most of them usually close on mondays.   But is it better to have mondays and tuesdays close instead of sundays and mondays? most typical 9-5pm people don't work on weekends. weekends can have lunch parties, social events or other things on the weekend, which would be a more profitable day to have sundays open than tuesdays?   or is there something that I'm missing?
Hi   I have been looking for a smooth edge tart pan, not the scalloped .. also with a removable bottom in different sizes from like mini tart probably 2" to 8" or 9"   I have seen some pastry shop have tarts with the smooth tart shell look but i have a feeling they use 1" height pastry/cake ring which I don't want because I can't store them properly sitting one top of the other with the pastry at the bottom with no support when moving them.   Do you know any...
4 seats and 2 bar like stools... the place is small like a box lol   the equipments they have are 1 oven, 1 counter fridge with 2 doors if you know what i'm talking, two display cases (one of them is fridge), 20q hobart mixer, 1 waffle but crappy result, 1 panini press, 1 microwave, 1 small household looking freezer (like 3' by 2'), 1 coffee machine, 1 coca cola fridge with cola company beverages (no juices in there, surprise!), the only counter space the place have...
Today is the same as usual Currently im the only baker ... So I baked what the cafe have in stock which are 3 flavours of frozen cookies, same goes for muffins but one of them is called black forest which has a cake texture so I think it not really a muffin batter which I mention to the owner and she agree, mini croissants, already made key lime cheesecake and red velvet.... Oh and also waffle which I thought is the weirdest food item to add along with other product which...
Like a couple days I don't think she's in business at all except she mention one time that she was a waitress or something like that at a cafe when she was around my age which is 24
Hi guys,     I just recently started working for a new coffee shop/ cafe as a baker.   I'm a bit nervous about the business because I noticed like 90-95% of the products are frozen from a big food service company. It just basically put it on a pan and bake it.   most likely frozen baked goods suck in taste and texture comparing to freshly made baked goods lol...   But is it possible for a business do well selling frozen baked goods?   Is there a way...
Hey   I saw an ad for all three books for 100 bucks     Professional Baking Fourth Edition and Study Guide By Wayne Gisslen * Hardcover, 701 pages   The Professional Chef - Fundamentals of Baking and Pastry Fourth Edition By Bo Friberg * Hardcover, 1020 pages   The Advanced Professional Pastry Chef By Bo Friberg * Hardcover, 850 pages     Are these books are good and is it a good deal?
Really? It can't be that bad ... The cupcake place is getting boring ... Just cupcake only lol This job is a general bakery and they can change their menu to whatever they want
From scratch mean mix butter sugar eggs and so on ... I don't want scoop out pre made muffin batters from a outside company,.. Get it? I want to find out the answers to these questions before I accept the job cause If I quit my current job and found out later next week that the answers is worse than I expected then I will not accept the job... The owner want me to start like august 8 which isn't much time with the 2 weeks notice with my current job
I got a job offer from the new bakery but it vague ... The owner didn't mention specifically what is my title and what I am doing because she want to discuss next week on the terms So how can i reply back with a nice email stating what is the job position and the pay. Also want to know if the products are made from scratch or use outside products without insulting owner for asking these questions? If it is from scratch, do you recipes for them or get recipes from the head...