Posts by Nicko

Most likely you are not rinsing your bones and you also should skim off the scum (greyish foam) at the top from time to time. We have some great how-to articles on stocks by chefs here:                  

No it would make the food even more salty. 
There are a few but I don't think online is how you learn to cook. One school that was reviewed on ChefTalk is:        You may be tired of your current career but if you have not cooked professional before you should do that first for 6 months to a year before committing to culinary school. Cooking professional can seem very exciting the first year or two. Try to think 5-10 years down the road when you are working every weekend, every night 60 - 70 hours a week. No...
Having attending a one day class at the le cordon bleu in Paris I know all classes are taught in French with an English translator. Students from around the world come and English is the main language taught.       Few question since this is so much money for you. Have you worked professional as a baker/pastry chef? If you have not then I would not spend that much money on school. I would find a great local pastry shop and talk with the owner about doing a "stage" and...
@Tyler Howell Few things.   Do not go into to debt to become a chef. It is a skill that you can learn by working for a great chef who is willing to mentor you. Classes on costing and things like that you can take a local community college. You can also ask your chef to teach you these things. Most chefs love to share knowledge. Read, read, read. Most of the top chefs I worked for did not go to culinary school they just worked for years for great chefs. Remember there...
That is one nice mixer but very pricey. Is this for home use?     
@trettonhundra I guess if I were to do that I would use a small slit in the side of the scallop and pipe the puree into the scallop gently with a fine tip on a pastry bag or small piping I would make from parchment. I would probably wrap the scallop in blanched leek just to hold the filling in while cooking and then remove after serving. This is different from what you are doing but years ago I worked for a chef that used round pastries cutters and we would cut a small...
Welcome. Read  ​ if you want to read a dark interpretation of the kitchen life. Read the apprentice to learn about the art and craft of becoming a well respected chef. I also recommend  ​  and also  ​     
 Gregg, well said there is a huge difference between "I love to cook..." and "I love to cook professionally...". Sounds like you made the wise choice. Welcome to ChefTalk glad you joined up.