or Connect

Posts by Nicko

Welcome we are glad you joined you sound very adventurous to start up a restaurant with no experience I think you'll get a lot of good information from the people here don't be afraid to ask questions.
Welcome to Chef talk.com glad you joined please let us know if you have any questions
Welcome to Cheftalk.com but glad you joined up let us know if you have any questions
Welcome Louie glad to have you. As a finance wiz maybe we should have you comment on how to avoid and pay for all the school debt that is required for culinary school now. Let me know if you have any questions about the forums.
Welcome John sounds you are getting into the business on the right foot. How long is the course you are enrolled in? What school are you attending?
Welcome to ChefTalk I think participating in the forums is a great way to improve your English. Please let us know if you have any questions about the forums.
Welcome Layla glad you joined. What type of research are you doing? We get a lot of requests for this type of research so please run it by the staff first. Specifically I am talking about posting surveys to the community and taking them off site to answer etc etc. What magazine to you write for?
I actually started with the Terrines, Pates & Galantines and was hooked after that.They really take me back to the Julia Child and Jaques Pepin days (early 70s).
@Cerise I have the entire collection of time life books they are actually excellent. Written by Richard Olney they are some of my favorite books in my collection. 
Welcome to ChefTalk we are glad you joined. We have a good mix of people here to help you with any questions. Be sure to use the search feature there are over 15 years worth of food discussions here and often you can find some culinary gold by digging through the archives. Let us know if you have any questions about the site or need some help.