or Connect

Posts by Nicko

For Breast Cancer awareness month Jende Industries has created a special edition of their excellent hand made leather knife roll. The knife roll will part of a package which includes a Chef Works coat and other great gear donated. 100% of all donations will go to the American Cancer Society. Donate 10 dollars for a chance to Win this Jende roll, a chef coat from Chef Works and a few other things as well. Even f you are not interested in the prize consider a $10.00...
Welcome to ChefTalk glad to have you. I think it would be very excellent to have a butcher in the family I can only imagine you ate very well as a child. Let us know if you have any questions about ChefTalk.
Welcome Armond we are glad you joined the community. And yes there are many many discussions here about the Red Seal exam so just use the search bar at the top and you should find what your looking for.
Sounds like you have a plan and are executing it with focus intensity. Do you have to commute into the city? Just curious because it seems impossible to live in NY on a cook's salary. Anyway, welcome to ChefTalk let us know if you have any questions about the site.
Welcome sounds like you have had a love hate relationship with the kitchen.   How is the American diner in London concept being received? Please let us know if you have any questions about the forums or the site.
Welcome Victor glad to have you. Can you tell us a little about your cooking background? Please feel free to join in and a great place to start is the monthly challenges in the food and cooking forum.
@chefbuba you can also soak your bacon in water before (or after you smoke it) to remove some of the salt.
@chefbuba I am sure you already know this but if I over cure the bacon I do what you did cube it and freeze it and it is perfect salted pork. Excellent for soups actually.
Welcome to ChefTalk we are glad to have you. Belgium is a wonderful place and I enjoyed my time when I was there. Please let us know if you have any questions about the forums. And we encourage all members to post photos of their food work in our photo gallery.
Welcome Davide we are glad to have you. Your English isn't so bad and you are welcome to practice on us all you want. Would love to see some of your pastry work so please post photos of your work in our photo gallery.