or Connect

Posts by Nicko

This is a re-peat of a topic you can find the original thread here:     
Thanks for posting about this I have added some of the Joseph Joseph products to our products section under spatulas. Feel free to post a review we would appreciate it!    
@Pete Yeah those are the top three I go with but lean towards Chablis. I never use Riesling but I don't see why you can't.
I would say absolutely not one is enough. With this field your best "next move" would be to get into a restaurant. If I were interviewing someone I would wonder why they felt the need to attend a second school. 
You may of noticed a new user @workingduds and some new informational pieces being posted on ChefTalk:           ChefTalk is pleased to welcome @workingduds to the site as an industry insider. They are a fantastic resource for chef jackets, pants, and more. They are even offering the ChefTalk.com community a 10% discount ( ​ ). If you have questions about your uniforms and what is best for your particular role in the kitchen the be sure to reach out to them in the...
I was curious what is everyone's preferred "Dry" white wine when cooking. Not just vinyard but also the type of wine you prefer (Chablis, Pinot Gris etc etc).  It would be interesting to hear from a mix of pros and non pros. Typically I go with an inexpensive Chablis (think Aldi $4.00 options) that is drinkable. I am also curious if anyone uses Pernod for the dry white cooking wine. There is an old thread from 2005 regarding this but I wanted to hear some updated replies...
Soups and casseroles come to mind 
Pricing can be one of the most difficult aspects of catering it really is the make or break. I would like to ask you how much experience do you have in catering? Have you worked for a professional caterer? Working for a profitable caterer for a year and learning how they price their menus might be the best option for you. I personally have done a fair amount of catering both high volume and for smaller intimate parties. One of the biggest mistakes I made was under pricing...
Welcome to ChefTalk your post should be approved. Let us know if you have questions about the forums.
This is great news thank your for letting us know about the discount offer.