or Connect

Posts by Nicko

Welcome to CHefTalk glad you joined up. On average how many students to you have to cook for each day in your division?
Welcome to ChefTalk glad you joined up. Where about are you attending culinary school? We ask that all culinary students post a review of their school so please head over to our culinary school review sections and post a review.    http://www.cheftalk.com/products/category/culinary-schools
@SylviaM that reminds of something you would have on camping trip or from the chuck wagon with cowboys. My mouth is watering.
Great! So I did a search of "personal chef" and we have over 8,000 posts. Here are a couple highlights.                    
@Hank  really like that idea I am definitely doing that.
That is a tough break but let it be a wake up call to you it is how it goes. Years ago I went through numerous interviews only to find out after weeks of interviews with different people, cooking test for the staff and so on the chef had left and they could not hire me till a new chef was in place.    Working at the homeless shelter is not all bad and I certainly would not let that stop me from seeking out other restaurants and switching. Let me give you one piece of...
Found this sorry there has not been much help with this thread.  
I agree and also would add that this really is a lost technique you just don't see many restaurants or home kitchens larding. 
I have to say I am in agreement with others. You are not the first consider this and therefore history shows that braising lean cuts ends in a poor result. For example would you roast a lamb shank? Sure you could but you would end up with a piece of leather. What I would like to see @rpooley is less discussion of this and some of your results. Come on man prove us all wrong (that is meant in fun) and post some photos and results.   If I remember my culinary school days I...
Welcome LaRoux. When you say you are looking to take cooking more seriously do you mean cook professionally? If so I always give people the same advice. A love for cooking and a love for cooking professionally are two different worlds. If you are thinking of going the pro route then work in a few different environments first such as a catering company, bakeshop, restaurant. Even just for 2-3 months to get a feel for what they are about. Do this before signing all of your...