or Connect

Posts by Jolly Roger

Aurora...Thanks! I'll look for this. I don't know why I didn't think of unlevened bread and then grinding it down with seasonings for a coating. Good suggestions.
Hey tincook...Do mean matzho meal as in matzho balls? Is it like corn meal? I'm not familiar with that. I know what corn meal does and I've used ground corn flakes , but they tend to want to burn before you can put a good saute on the meat. So what do you mean?
Secondly, I'll suggest this...Perhaps choose a more polenta friendly "pot". Treat it like you would rissotto where you have a broader coking space and can watch it cooking more closely. Or h*ll, turn your d*mn fire down a touch! Take your time, man! Nobody's going to jail, are they? ...Are they? C'mon man, it's just fancy grits. Take your time and don't feel like you're under pressure by anyone. Sounds like it was delicious. H*ll, anything with pork fat in it has my...
Don't throw that pot away!!! First, get some hot running water going, add some dish soap of choice, and fill half way. Now set it aside. You know those little stainless steel scrubbies they use at the restaurant? Get one of those...some how. They work great and would make short work of that pot you took a pic of. Oh, and add a little "elbow greese". Ever wash dishes in a professional kitchen? If so, you better know what "elbow greese" is. Works every time!
David...welcome I'm a personal chef and I'm in a position where I can tailor my menu and its ingredients to specific clients, so when I have a client that tells me they can't have anything containing yeast, what can I use for coatings on meats when I saute (besides corn starch)? The reason I don't like corn starch is that you don't get the same texture when you saute in hot oil,and it seems to break down in the pan and become a "sauce", rather than a crispy outer coating...
Alleigh...After many of working in professional kitchens myself, I recently decided to go the same route. I have found that using my local network has helped me to jumpstart my buisness. I defined myself as an "in-house" cook that helps to meal plan, does the grocery shop, and prepares the food in the client's home with proper storage and re-heating instructions. Basically, I spent the last year researching other personal chef ventures and customized my own way of...
D*mn! I can't believe this is still going!!! After all the flack I received for my rather opinionated remarks and sarcastic comments, the group here just can't leave this alone. I have to be honest and report that when discussing this amongst a group of friends of mine, some career restaurant folk, some no where near a career in the foodservice industry, I got mixed remarks. The restaurant folk, after reviewing the site and my comments, agreed with the point about the term...
Panini...Hey, wow! I saw your spine in that post. I was begining to think you may haven't been in posession of one. Whatever, dude. I'm now currently and painfully aware that the users here are quite sensitive. As for fast tracking chefs like me, Um, I wasn't a pastry boy. Not my cup 'O fudge. I'm good with food and making my numbers look good and I teach culinary courses locally. So, you got me on the dolce. I think I'll manage. Food4life..you are a man/woman (I forgot...
I can dig it Panini, about the whole "title for strength" for comment. The hair on the back of my neck bristles up when I hear people throw it around like it's easy to do, or no one can check them on it. As I have stated before, I recognize your experience as well as many others and I too have no problem crossing blinds with anyone when it comes to things of culinary nature. We all have are strong points as well as weak points. And yes, admittedly, my comment about...
Hey dude, I wasn't trying to put you down. It's just that I seemed to have started a bit of a feeding frenzy Saturday morning, or whenever the h*ll my post got out of control and I was just trying to keep up. Pardon any friendly fire, boss. I'll save my sarcastic wit for my blogs.