or Connect

Posts by Jolly Roger

And while we're at it...Gosh we are an uptight bunch, eh? I'm not lookin' to start a revolution or anything, I'm just making a point. You are what you are: a cook, OR chef, or professional cat swinging ding-dong. It doesn't make sense to you something that you actually are not and then get into a forum and start asking rediculous questions. Cakerookie, go have a spa day or something, you gget too bunched up all the time or go to the sense of humor store and pick out a good...
I've been active in this forum for a month now and I've seen a lot of crap come down the 'ole pipeline. I realize we're a mixed bunch here, but can we possibly seperate the real chefs...the ones who are professionals (pastry, restaurant, personal, private, etc;) from the ones that are self-proclaimed without understanding? If I were a pipeffiter and some jackhole off the street said he was a pipefitter, but didn't know his buisness, his life expectenacy would be about...
"Chef" M...You still with us?
Botanique...What it is it that you do...exactly? I purused your bio and found it quite queer. So now, you are the proud owner of my curiousity. Are you just a fan of the Avocado Mafia, or do you have any sort real culinary blood and guts to bring to the forum? P.S. Don't get all bunched up now. Just choose your topics based on what your are prepared to talk about. Cool?
Botanique...Actually, I was diagnosed at a very early age with HAOD (Hyper active opinion disorder) and as it happens, I have chosen the food industry as the professional realm in which I wish to dwell. Angry? Naw, c'mon, Bot, just true with a hint of jadedness. Truth be told, I work for a lot of "soccer moms" that I try to avoid in public shopping scenarios. They buy all this expensive crap because some "chef" (Take those quotes seriously) on TV endorses it and they they...
I just wanted to change things up a bit. Anyone read any of Anthony Bourdain's books and care to comment on them (fictional as well as non-fiction)?
What's up with "tobe" anyway? Yo!, Cheftobe...what's up wit' you dog? How's it goin' with your A-hole chef? Don't leave us hangin', bro.
Alton Brown is fun to watch and he actually remits some useful info. I lost faith in Mario after I saw some show on Food TV about his new ten million dollar joint opening up called Del Posto and his running around to book signings and showing up at Sur La Table to endorse his new line of cook wares for soccer moms. I wish FTV would bring back Bourdain and let him do his thing, like maybe have him on after midnight and leave his show uncut so he can swear and talk like a...
Word up, Panini. Thanks for the 411 on "wop". And thanks for being such a great sport.
Skydive, Sounds pretty simple to me. You were hire as an advisor right? So advise away! If the owner hasn't given you any teeth to impliment changes you see need to take place and he isn't willing to follow your critique, then let him shoot himself in the foot. Write up a detailed report of the state of his kitchen showing labor issues, food cost, cleanlines or lack there of and put in his hand, take his money and move on. Sounds like a real mess. I had a similar...