or Connect

Posts by AprilB

It's all about the word "notorious". It's hype, it's VEGAS for God's sake! (Or close enough) We're talking a Carl's Jr. in the Palms that offers 4 burger meals with a bottle of some whoopeedeedoo wine that bumps the bill up to $60k. The ladies get tested every week, they're seriously groomed and molded into walking and talking playtoys. ...and yeah, the numbers are correct. (Plus the house gets 60% of the take. Figure that one.) I heard the Manager discussing...
In Central America they have granola with mixed raw nuts and raisins. Top with fresh papaya, mango, pineapple and musk mellon. Plain whole yogurt and honey. It's great. I'm learning enormous things about human behavior as far as what is and isn't popular. I think you won't do as well with slices as with an already cut salad. I've done both and whenever I make the mixed salad it's gone. Slices stay in the "leftover fridge" for days. Just an observation. I'm a...
:D I'm actually having a chuckle. I just got a message on my voice mail from the owner who has offered $6.15 an hour. She told me that they won't be doing an orientation tomorrow after all but will be doing it on Saturday (one of the days I specifically said I CAN'T work because I have my cushy 10 hours at 8 bucks an hour gig) the day before they are supposed to open? Um...am I missing something? I'm supposed to go in and get essentially a 'tour' the day before they...
GAS. I can't make the numbers come out. Can't justify the the commute at this point but who knows in a week or two with this dumb a** hearing on the 5th. I do get tips but only if I do shopping for one of the girls, having to buy something special for someone. (I admit trying to find certain female ... ahem ... stuff that I haven't used in years was kinda special...) :blush: And no, Shroom, sadly I didn't miss a zero here or there. April
Yes I was offered a position. I applied as a cook. Primarily overall/line. It's not very big and I understand it's a franchise of a Houston based Cafe. I don't know if they're familiar with Pahrump or not. They did say that they've owned other establishments prior. (I always wonder if they're so good then why are they here...LOL) Pahrump does have about a half dozen pizza places and one little Italian Restaurant on the South end. I also have to admit that the location...
... a shake n' bake idea only she'd use toasted wheat germ. Dip the suckers in melted butter, roll in seasoned wheat germ and bake. They were great! April
Woulda swore I already posted about this but here goes... OK, I've been offered a job at a newly opening Italian Restaurant here in the middle of whoop whoop. They're all excited yada yada about teamwork and professionalism and whatnot. OK, that's sounds great and it's only a couple of miles from my place. A good consideration given gas prices...so...what does it pay? Ummm...$6.15 an hour for an experienced cook? Um...minimum wage? Excuse me? Heck, YELLOWSTONE paid...
OK, I'm stuck in this H hole of a place...in spite of over 40k population it's completely nuts. I got a call back from an Italian Place just opening up a couple of miles from where we're living. Gas is nuts, my truck now needs gas to almost go in reverse (so to speak)...It's housed in the former disfunctional kitchen that I usta work in but closed a few months back. (Not surprising) They're replacing all the equipment and stuff BUT... Somehow they have the same mindset...
does she eat eggs? I'm assuming your cakes contain eggs, right? Does she know that eggs have a high level of lecithin? It's a natural fat emulsifier. Odd people... April
Friends, Family and Business don't mix. If you want to continue to ever communicate with these people ever again without wanting to slap the c**p out of them then run away. Recommend someone you know and trust...but Uh Uh! I always find it hard to swallow that these people with bend over backwards to do the right thing when it comes to strangers but have no problem jepordizing relationships or taking advantage of 'good deals' that acquantances will give "out of...