or Connect

Posts by BigBadButcher

Ya, I think he was figuring if it is 180 in the thigh then it should be 165-ish in the center. However, I think 180 is too high there should only be a 5-10 degree difference (depending on the oven and the size of the turkey) from the thigh to the center. I hate my oven, it'd be at the high end of that. Since we are talking turkey. Has anyone seen that Jennie-O commercial where this tiny woman is trying to cook like a 50 pound turkey and ends up knocking her husband out...
Hi sawyer. Always glad to have more experiences to talk about. Hope you have fun.:smiles:
That's a nice interactive diagram. It seems to cover a lot of the most popular cuts. There's a lot it leaves out however, like the chuck. There is a lot popular cuts it leaves out there.
LoL ok. The only problem we may run in to is that different regions call different cuts different names. (yes, it's frustrating) I probably know 10 different names for each cut of beef and I'm sure that's not all of them. It can even vary from store to store in a town. For instance, Flank steak used to be referred to as London Broil. So in some places it still is. What we call a Rump Roast in the North, they call a Watermelon Roast in the South. I'll give it my best shot...
The only way I know how to clean a pig kidney is pretty straight forward. Cut a slit down the side, just large enough you can work. Cut out any veins. Then boil it for awhile, change the water, then boil it again. Viola, cleaned pig kidney. A pinner is a device that pushes pins into the meat, breaking the meat down. Like a tenderizer, but less obtrusive, all a pinner leaves are tiny pin sized wholes and sometimes impressions on the side it was pinned on. It's really hard...
You're welcome. I know all kinds of weird stuff. LOL
Great looking pig! Ya got one of little sweet juicy ones! Those are by far the best kind. I've never seen anyone roast a lamb on a spit, I'm curious as to how it will turn out.
I am the Head Journeyman Butcher at my company and I have caterers/restaurants coming to me all the time with the same problem. They want a good quality steak that they don't have to charge an arm and a leg for. I normally recommend a high quality cheaper cut. Choice Angus beef but not Ribeyes and New Yorks. London Broil and Flank Steak are definitely good options. One I particular find works well is a Balltip Sizzler steak. It is a bottom sirloin cut, it is tender and...
I meant steel, as in the material used to create the knife. Also Carlyle said he or she did not want to buy a Ferrari, he or she said they wanted to spend under $100 if possible. Look you may have time to sit there and pick apart everything I say, but I have a life. I'm just trying to help Carlyle out.:roll: Oh, and I don't recommend Fibrox handles, I don't like the way they feel, and they get slippery.
That's right all the steal is basically the same. So why spend so much more money? Except you obviously have no idea how to maintain a knife with that kind of edge they put on it. I'm not going to go into detail about the different edges here, it's pointless. I'm sorry Buzzard had a bad experience with his Forschner knives. The bottom line is this, I use my knife more in one day than any chef does in a month. Having a good knife for me means the difference between having...