or Connect

Posts by chrose

After much thinking there are many diverse groups and as much as I would love to have met someone like Jimi Hendrix or John Lennon I think I would at the end invite my mothers mother and my fathers father each of whom passed away before I was born, and my mothers father who passed away shortly after I was born. I would cook something Eastern Eurpoean and peasant.
I'm so sick of talented people.....
When you take the pan out of the oven lift an edge of the parchment and try running a little bit of water underneath, the tiny bit of steam produced may well loosen them without harming the dacquoise.
My wife was diagnosed with Celiacs disease back in July. Previous to that her symptoms were mostly indigestion that were getting worse. Other symptoms can be seemingly totally unrelated. There is a link between seizures and CD as well. My wife has Temporal Lobe seizure disorder and going gluten free has possibly mitigated the seizures to some extent. It's hard to pinpoint for sure but it may be a factor. But since going gluten free she can eat somewhat spicier foods...
Right now I am reading "Life" Keith Richards biography. Very interesting so far, he sounds to not be the same drug addled guy that he appears to be. Still I am only 1/3 the way through. I also just finished "Does the noise in my head bother you"? Steven Tylers autobiography. Also interesting, it shows that these for all their show biz lifestyles and excesses deep down are pretty much like the rest of us except with more money and time to get in trouble!
We have a rather large liquor store here in Upstate NY and I returned a bottle of something I bought once. It wasn't wine. They balked at first but took it back (Opened as well) I don't think people usually return liquor so they don't make it a policy but they didn't say anything about it being illegal.I know it's legal and up to the discretion of the store owner as to whether they accept returns or exchanges of unopened bottles. They don't say anything about opened...
That is post on. Exactly what I would say. My only difference is I lost less than Jeff, otherwise.... What starts out great can change as the personality that you knew when things were good can turn 180º when things go south even a little. Likewise things can turn 180º even if things go for the better.   Yes remove the word "Partner" My sister would agree too, and that wasn't in the food biz. Same thing...    
I am all for easy prep and being slightly off the beaten track. Why not try a variation. Here's what I would do (and have done). Make a bunch of puff pastry baskets that would hold the size filet you're planning on serving. Prebake them and hold on the side. Make a duxelle ahead of time and hold (cold is fine) At service cook your filet to order. While the meat is resting, pop the premade basket in the oven for 2 minutes to warm (cut the top off), deglaze your pan with...
Interesting note on the last book I bought. I love this restaurant so I knew it would be good (recipe wise anyway) The first thing I noticed was that it was a gift for a couple. It seemed like a wedding or anniversary gift perhaps. This is not your average cookbook. While not the most expensive or glamerous book, L'Auberge Chez Francoise is a very highly regarded restaurant so there had to be some connection between the giver, the recipient and or the restaurant. The...
I wish I could say there was a rhyme and a reason for the way I buy cookbooks, but there's not (completely) I will buy cookbooks from people that I have met and admire like Jean Louis Palladin, or from classes I have taken such as Ewald Notter. Just recently I was reading about one of my all time favorite restaurants L'Auberge Chez Francoise and found out that Francoise son has put out 2 books from the restaurant so I bought one and will buy the other. Usually if it's on...