or Connect

Posts by Chef Kaiser

Gratinating as per say is not 100% a cooking method but can be a combination of baking / browning or a finishing method. However if you study the ingredients particularly used to gratinate (cheese, sauce mornay, sauce hollandaise, cream and egg yolk etc.), it is a unique way to prepare and finish a dish and therefore since decades in Europe is considered a method on its own. Even the equipment, the Salamander was particularely created for said method. thank you
hi, Visit Asia, so you can learn the culture and traditions too. chef kaiser
Pete, you know the point and for me no point to argue, it is more for me on this site, were we should be professionals and you get answers of people, first questioning your age, and after that they think. Food cost control as you did put it more specific right now is clear too me. i just felt to start the discussion with Conrad Hilton and i truley respect him. regards
Hi, Kobe Beef I dont know actually why they call it Kobe Beef, i worked 5 years in Osaka, well just beside Kobe. Kobe as a town has a history in Japan which i believe you can find out about it today. But the Japanese were smart to buy shoulders of US beef , a product in your time when Steak was the most important and expensive. We sold shabu shabu and sukiyaki every day from excess US beef in 1986. Well Kobe beef is really tender, so also can be the shoulder...
Hi, well a subject i love alot, as since the age of 23, i was exposed to that, when i joined the Hilton Chain in Brussels. It actually could be a nice subject on this site, as long people respect each other and age would not be a point of view. To tell you a story, i was a trainee in that time and my GM was a former cook, he told me straight he told me right, what Hilton International means. Conrad Hilton for myself today is one of the greatest Hotel...
hi, agree with Pete, the food cost is nothing else, then the money you have to pay to the supplier, that is the reason why recipes are the most fundamental tools in any operation. I call them the heart of the F&B opertation. That is the reason why in a traditional P&L of Condrad Hilton, he clearly stated following procedure. Food Revenue - Food cost to suppliers - Food tranfers charged to other profit centers or admin - spoilages (not in control by the...
hi, i am not living in America, what is it what you want to say. Just be open Straight forward, as we have the time to speak in this live. contact me personally. Well chefs are never easy guys, but the most accommodating people in the spirit of service and a love to the profession to cater healthy food to people. regards
Foodpump, i gave up watching this shows, just reading your first few lines about pineapple and gelatine. Well we know it would not hold for one day unless you blanch them quickly. As you pointed out other fruits well as a chef product knowledge is a key, but do schools teach that still with the enzymes, breaking down the protein as many fruits are actually used in unripe stage as tenderizers of meat? well all open questions isn't it and at the end the world tells us...
Hi to all, true chefs in live are people who: - dont see nationality as a first point to decide, where to belong - dont see money as the first objective in a career - love God and its nature and try to find out about it with the basic ingredients - understand people of all continents and try to learn their language and culture and teach them as they teach you well that is and still is my pincipal to be in the hospitality industry. It was a hard start but times...
hi, i like your answer of the stupid statement of how hay becomes milk. Well many have forgotten about the basics of the sun, and leaves absorbing it and well i am sure i dont have to go on with details with you as you understand glucose and starch and the transformation back in the human or animal body. regards