or Connect

Posts by dledmo

My wife ran my cast iron skillet through the dishwasher 
With a gas grill always have the lid down.  Try getting the pan screaming hot with the grill on full blast, once you put the steak on turn the burners all the way down to low until the steak is to your desired level of being done.  Let us know how it turns out!
I have a Breville grill which has lasted me for almost 10 years now.  The model is discontinued but there are new models.  Mine has flat plates which allow it to cook quesadillas, warm up pizza etc.
I have heard of people using the burner from a turkey fryer.  Vic's way of getting the burner higher is nice, I need to add that to my "idea to try" list.
I agree with Pete about preferring to grill the burgers outside.  If you do cook them inside, using a cast iron skillet helps get a good seared crust.
I see grill marks, could you describe the temperature and time you did the ribs?  I want to know more, gas or charcoal etc., I like the pic and would like more info about how you did those nice looking ribs.
I take the husk off, then wrap in foil with a little butter.  I keep watching for the roadside corn stands to pop up!
I grill year round, however in the summer when the vegetables are just picked, it's hard to beat corn on the cob from a farmer's roadside stand.  There is a place as I drive into our town which has fresh corn picked daily.  And the farmers markets, when I see something that just says "Eat Me!"  
I will look for the Reserve and give that a try.  Thanks for the help, now I'm getting hungry for a good burger! 
How does it compare to Tillamok Extra Sharp?  I love a nice sharp cheddar on my burgers.