or Connect

Posts by dledmo

I take the husk off, then wrap in foil with a little butter.  I keep watching for the roadside corn stands to pop up!
I grill year round, however in the summer when the vegetables are just picked, it's hard to beat corn on the cob from a farmer's roadside stand.  There is a place as I drive into our town which has fresh corn picked daily.  And the farmers markets, when I see something that just says "Eat Me!"  
I will look for the Reserve and give that a try.  Thanks for the help, now I'm getting hungry for a good burger! 
How does it compare to Tillamok Extra Sharp?  I love a nice sharp cheddar on my burgers.
What's your recipe?  I had a good one written down but lost it.  It still wasn't as good as my cousin's, she made perfect fry bread.
Grilled chicken wings tossed in Frank's Hot Sauce with blue cheese sauce on the side, which I am cooking this Friday!  How about freshly picked sweet corn off the grill?  Greek God's Honey yogurt with fresh raspberries?  Deep fried cheese curds from the state fair?  It's hard to pick just one.
Here in the Upper Midwest, small crockpots are popular for cheesy dips.  Velveeta is a popular choice because it melts so easily but there are plenty of other combinations/choices to explore.  I picked up a small slow cooker for $10 in a supermarket which is large enough to hold a small roast for making shredded beef tacos.  Also I have a big crockpot, and a medium one which I got for Christmas this year,  oh and there is old one my wife got from her mother....  
Yeah yeah, sure sure, what you said! 
As far as turkey wings, I have never cooked them.  However I do chicken wings off the grill about every other week.  Assuming the technique will translate to the larger sized wings, start the grill, gas or charcoal, with the fire on only one side of the grill.  This is the direct side, start the wings on the side away from the fire, this is the indirect side.  Let the fat in the skin start to render, about 15-20 minutes, turning the wings a bit after halfway.  To finish...
I have one ice cube tray, plastic, which holds a exactly one 0.5 L water bottle.  This tray gives me enough ice for a typical day so I do one tray a day every day, any extras go into a plastic Ziploc bag as backup.  My wife calls it "my special ice" but honestly, our tap water is not the best.  The kids use the ice from the refrigerator ice maker because they don't know any better and  "it builds character".