or Connect

Posts by n00bchef

Already there have been lots of good and informative responses... although I have to say a lot of that information is academic and not really addressing your question :) (No offense guys!) Basically you need to use the right rubs for the right jobs... if you are BBQing a dish that is a slower cooking meat (i.e. tri-tip and thicker cuts) then you are going to want to avoid rubs that use a lot of sugar because they tend to char.. Also if you do use rubs with lots of sugars...
This is a really excellent question and something I think anyone who cooks should be aware of... one of the previous posters mentioned the physiological effects vs. the psychological... and yes, they are two different things. Here is the basic facts: Physiologically: Some (not many) people who are recovering alcoholics actually have a physical withdrawl response from detoxification, and in some rare instances that process can even be fatal. (that is very rare though)......
Hey thanks again guys/gals... Ya she is having jaw reconstruction surgery, so it's gonna hurt for a bit... She actually got frustrated with me the other day when I was trying to pin down some things she might like, mainly because 1) she is stressed about the surgery itself and 2) she really doesn't care a whole lot at the moment about what she eats afterwards... (she knows soft, but she usually eats real simple). Anyway, thanks again guys for all your ideas, the soups...
Wow you guys are amazing! although I should mention to boar_d_laze that the brentwood im from isnt in LA :) I am in the central bay area near San Francisco... Keep the ideas coming! The oatmeal, eggs, and such are things im trying to avoid as she eats alot of those already (she is a runner)... But the passover foods sound interesting, although she is catholic... ill have to look into those cold soups, never really prepared such a thing lol... Anyway guys, please keep...
Hey everyone, it's been over a year since I've posted here!!! Missed you guys, and of course I have a situation coming up that I thought of you guys/gals first on: My girlfriend is having oral surgery on the 15th of April, and I'd like to get a few (as many as I can) recipes together that provide for a variety of soft foods... Of course I have a repritoir of soups, but I was hoping that some of you might have other ideas so that I can get a variety of things ready to...
So my wife and I went to a Brazillian BBQ restaraunt, and one of the things we had which was EXCELLENT was their Pan de Queso... (Sort of a baked roll that has a cheesy texture inside... I am wondering if anyone has a good recipe for this for making it from scratch? I bought a couple of pre-made mixes for it, but I would really like to try my hand at this. Anyone? Thanks! -Jason
It's not my original recipe so I cannot take credit for it :) Chervil is generally known as dried parsley... (It took me a while to figure out that Chervil is french for parsley). And your assumption on the coffee grounds is correct, if they are finely ground you will not have a gritty texture. (Although even if they arent "that" finely ground the simmering softens them up so they arent all that gritty anyway) Anyway, this recipe is in the Sonoma Williams grilling book,...
I have made several batches of this sauce, and while the ingrediants are interesting, it provides a nice semi-spicy and tangy kick... It's probably my favorite recipe for BBQ sauce. 1/4cupextra-virgin olive oil 1/2cupfinely-chopped red onion 2tspminced garlic 1cuplow-sodium chicken broth 3/4cupketchup 1/2cuporange juice concentrate 1/2cupsteak sauce 2tblWorcestershire sauce 1tblwhite wine vinegar 1tblground coffee (finely ground) 2tspdried...
Try this: 2 tablespoons Hungarian paprika 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper 1 tablespoon black pepper 1 tablespoon white pepper 1 tablespoon granulated garlic 1 tablespoon ground passilla chile 2 teaspoons dry mustard 1 teaspoon roasted and ground cumin 1/2 teaspoon thyme 1/2 teaspoon oregano 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt 3 tablespoons cayenne pepper sauce 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce 1/4 cup cider vinegar 12 ounces chicken stock 12 ounces beer Place the dry ingredients...
Shroomgirl, seeing nature like that at work is quite fun :) BUT... I need to warn you... especially because it's related to fledglings... Be careful in feeding them, they will develope bad habits, and if they start those while young it could effect their ability to naturally forage for food. Not to mention that bread isn't all that healthy for birds. Feeding the ducks at the local pond is one thing, they are for the most part domesticated... (even the migrant ducks use...