or Connect

Posts by Quinn01

I have, Im 20 years old. I started working my first job as a dishwasher in a local restaurant when I was 14. I worked my way up to Saucier (worked every station in between) and than had to stop to attend college. I am really good with people, I have a great understanding as it is with personnel management and inventory controll as well as business mangement which I am currently taking classes to furter my understanding of all three. I have an understanding of what a sous...
thank you guys. I heard everything I needed to hear. I graduate in November, I will be looking to get into a small restaurant as a Sous and see how it all rolls out. If all is well and Im there for a while and ready to take the next step, I think ill go out looking to see if a bigger restaurant with more tables is looking for a sous....and so on. Again thank you for taking the time out of your busy lives to anwser me. Much appreciated.
So I graduate culinary school in november with my assoicates degree from a well known school. Basicly my thoughts are that I want to go work for a well known busy restaurant that will beat my ***, however I feel that I have worked and payed my dues before college and now having a degree combined with working my way up in other restaurants I feel that I can take the next step up, which would be Sous. So my question to all of you is as follows: 1. What is the main...
Sorry Let me rephrase this: As a job, or a career how to get in with someone who does this professionaly. I guess it would have helped if I didnt leave that part out. :crazy:
I figured it would be interesting to get the input on all of you on how you all feel about CSA's (Community Supported Agriculture). I feel that it is an amazing thing. You basicly pay one set amount in the bigging of the season (June-ish) and you get a certin amount of fresh produce that is grown on that specific local farm each week untill a certin date (October-ish). Basicly the farmer will plant and harvest what you want saying that you pay in advance. I love the...
How do I go about this? How do I get in with someone who takes photos and styles the food? I dont even know where to begin with the research for this. Thanks for your help guys.
I fully 100% agree with you TRK. Many people think its just about cooking when really, thats the easy part. I also figure that now with the economy the way it is, its probly safer to stay in school for now because trying to land a job now is very very hard for college grads.
Thank you guys. It means alot to me to hear other people that are passionate about this as I am that take the time to reply to my stupid thoughts. God **** guys, Ive worked my intire life for food. I have lost friendships, relationships, important things in my life at the age of 20 just for food. I love food. I really really do. I love the smell, the looks, the taste, the prep, the impact food has on peoples lives day to day. Its an amazing thing. Im aware that you...
Quite honistly, I understand where all of you are comming from. And I apprecate you taking the time to respond to my topic. That being said...... I am **** good at what I do. I have never had a job otuside the industry. I gave up all my freinds and people I knew (and becomming a freshman in highschool, thats a big thing) to go to a technical school for culinary arts. I worked my intire life to get into The CIA. Ontop of that, and it may come across as me...
Thanks Bill. Thats how I was thinking. Thanks for the quick reply.