or Connect

Posts by MikeLM

Our first few years - Navy, grad school - we didn't have space/money for anything permanent, but when we got our first house we chose Villeroy & Boch for its reputation of restaurant-service durability. We chose their Manoir pattern in plain white, and have been abusing it ever since.  It's held up really well and we've picked up a few serving pieces in the Twist Alea pattern which has a nicely colored rim.  I haven't the faintest idea what Twist Alea means, but we think...
Teamfat-   Did you get the sausage-stuffing nozzle with that?   Mike
Cook'...   I've been on this forum as long as almost anybody, and I have virtually no impression of snarkiness or whatever.  Members are helpful, interested, and almost always polite.  I do remember a few times whan a Moderator would admonish somebody in terms of "hey, we don't do that here..." and that seemed to be the end of it.   Actuially,  I got admonished once, but that was because my comments were judged a little too strongly political- so I dropped it. ...
Hoo boy-  that's Greek to me!    What you're talking about is seedless raspberry pulp; one of the pros here will probably know the proper term for this.   Wish I could come and try this menu!   Mike 
Teamfat-   Your garlic bacon sounds so good... we put one in to cure day before yesterday.  Lots of pureéd fresh garlic in the rub. Expect to let it go for five days, then into an electric smoker at low temp.    What do you like for smoke for this recipe?  We can pick from hickory, oak, maple, apple, pecan, alder (that's really for the salmon) or a couple others. We're out of grapevines, though.   Speaking of curing generally, the best BBQ I've ever had was from a...
"...use CT's special charater ... the symbols or the funny looking thing to the left of the smiley face."   Hey THANKS K-girl.  All the time I've hung around here I hadn't tumbled to that section of the composing screen!   Now my posts can look even more ereudite that they have up to mow!    Mike   Not sure I spelled that right...
Pepper'...   Interesting query, the first of this sort I've noticed on the site. You have hit a chord of sympathetic interest here, I think, judging by the responses so far.    If you've hung around the site for any length of time you will have noticed that members of the community almost unanimously refuse to help students with their homework. Your request is quite different -  a pro asking for help and informed advice - and I bet you'll find a lot of interested...
K-girl...   Are you saying-   your Homeowners' Association operates restaurants on your assessment tab??   If that's the fact,  please tell us a little more about it.  I have never heard of such a thing!     If it's so terrible,  why can't the owners vote to get rid of it? Or hire a competent cook to run it? Or something?   Hey- why don't you put in a bid to take it over?   Mike 
Koukou'...   How about a potato salad with a heavily garliced dressing? A potato salad with garlic mayo has become a favorite of ours at a local tapas joint.    After all, the Greeks are not unfamiliar with garlic - right?  The sun-dried tomatoes would go well with that, too.   On a slightly-related point, I have come to believe that the importance of garlic in the cuisine diminishes as you move north from the Mediterranean. In my limited experience, garlic is big in...
Well, Mary, if we can't get together for a little nibble, I guess I'll try your garlic coleslaw suggestion.   Is that a routine slaw recipe, or are there other unusual ingredients besides the garlic?   Thanks,   Mike