or Connect

Posts by MikeLM

They are simply sensational, mimi.  Thanks for sharing.   Just curious- what's the school and where is it?  And... when do they find time to study?   Mike 
Good point, Toxicant- I amassed a nice, small collection of Griswolds over the years at yard sales and flea markets... before they became sought-after as antiques. I'm afraid that now you will have to pay prices for collectibles, not just old, used pans.   Mike  Hey- they're still worth it!
We found a  Masterbuilt electric smoker on sale three years ago just as our condo prohibited open-flame cookers.  We've been consistently delighted with it and what it produces.  Good controls and timing, easy to use, and overall a nifty toy for me and my son-- both foodies and serious home chefs. (Actually, my son is moving into the professional end to run a sandwich restaurant for his high school buddy who is chef/owner of one of Chicago's top restaurants.  They's been...
Yeah, Phil-   I know we went through this whole thing two or three years ago.   Mike   
"Why didn't I think of sandblasting?"   NO   NO   NO   NO   NOOO......   Mimi- For G-d'sake don't sandblast it.  This is used for producing a rough surface, cleaned and suitable for painting. They specify a  "sharp sand" for sandblasting for just this purpose. This is broken grains of sand that has not been smoothed and rounded by being in a stream bed for centuries and washed round and round a lot.   You want a nice clean, heavily pitted cast iron pan??   A...
KouKou'...   Congratulations on a well-deserved win!   I've never liked eggplant, but by golly, I'm going to try yours and Teamfat's. Could you give us enough details that I can duplicate your terrine just the way you made it?   Certainly doesn't have to be as elaborately detailed as his post.   Thanks   Mike
Dehydrate--- great idea!   If you have a convection oven,, it should have a dehydrate setting.   Mike
The bureaucrats are taking good care of us, though...   We recently bought a package of salt, with an expiration date.   It wasn't another fifty or eighty million years away, either, just a date sometime in the early years of the Clinton administration.    Mike   
"...the taste of  melting snow,mixed with the fur off the gloves, rock salt,  dirt, bird seed, dog poop, etc."   Oh, yum!   Is this how you developed your taste for food and passion for cooking?    Mike  
`Did we ever find out why Boar left?  I, too, miss him.   Mike