or Connect

Posts by Joyfull

Hello everyone Its been a long time since I've visited you all on Chef Talk. Well, I have peeked in the odd time just to see whats new off and on! Due to some changes in my personal health my carefree days of playing with cooking and baking had been put on hold for a while. But I'm back and I'm starting right away needing some advice on a new knife. heres my question I have/had been doing research on the many different types of knives that are available as I really...
There's a recipe here. Click on #7 it tells you how to do them.. Kool-Aid Pickles - Featured on BuzzFeed
I recieved this article in my email and thought some of you might find it quite interesting. My apologies if its already been posted.. Letter from Italy: Slippery Business: Reporting & Essays: The New Yorker
I did a search and came up with this shop in Brooklyn. Turkish Food Turkish Grocery in USA - yiyelim.com If you do a search on the website for salep you'll come up with a salep beverage. I also found an article on orchid ice cream (salepi dondurma?) but did not have any luck finding a shop in NY that carried it. Pretty interesting article though! Orchid ice cream - Salon Here's the address and phone # for Yiyelim Foods Yiyelim Foods 40 20th. St. Brooklyn...
Here's some more sugar info you all might find quite interesting. Vegetarian Journal Mar/Apr 97 Sugar and Other Sweeteners -- The Vegetarian Resource Group
[Meanwhile, if you want to share a recipe from a public source, best bet would be just to refer to the source, or link to the sight. Or take the time to obtain permission to reprint from the owner.] But that was done. The source in this case was the cookbook and that was a no-no. How can it be wrong to ask questions about a certain recipe in that book anyway? What's the point of us buying any cookbook then if we can't discuss or share a recipe from it here or on any...
Thank you Scarcrobot I think I'll have a go with your instructions for the sauce. Sounds a lot tastier your way.
I have a question about this. If the recipe that was posted did not have a "source" would that be permissable? As an example.. The meatloaf recipe that was posted (which probably got this going) is a basic meatloaf recipe. It just happens to be out of someones cookbook. I'm pretty sure many people add the exact same ingredients to their own meatloaf recipes, and have never read the book that's mentioned. I do that constantly. I read a recipe then I add or subtract...
Ah yes Shel, but overly complicated can be a good thing! :D I love to see all the different variations that everyone has when it comes to a certain recipe. That's how I discover many new things/ways to try. Take squid ink pasta for one. I read about it here in a recipe discussion. Bought some, tried it, did not like it. but still, I would never have know it existed if not for that recipe discussion. So all in all, I'm very happy with overly complicated! :bounce:
I came across this lovely looking chicken dish and would like to make it for DH and myself this weekend. Its called 'Panko stuffed breast of chicken, florentine. Braised spinach, Ricotta &Fontina Cheese are listed as the filling. Its also served with 'Brandy Sauce'. The breading and filling will not be a problem as I can play around with them both until I get a flavor I like. Its the Brandy sauce I'm wondering about. I've never made brandy sauce and have a...