or Connect

Posts by foodnfoto

Thank you Sunny! I'll be trying these for Sunday breakfast. Have you ever added any whole wheat flour or other grains to this recipe?
Dillbert-I share your pain.    Sunny-you've got to share the recipe.   Or else you'll find Dillbert and me on your front porch at 7 AM
Does the chef price every menu item with the same gross profit margin? Therein lies the problem. If so, it's a rather ham-fisted strategy at menu design. You need a more effective menu plan and pricing strategy.   Identify menu items that sell most often and the ones that have the most gross profit. List theses smack dab in the middle and upper right of the menu so that the customer's eye with gravitate there and be more likely to order them.    Adjust the portion size...
That's the one.
Back when I was a " living off the land" kind of girl, we had a cow that gave the most wonderful tasting milk that was about 1/3 heavy cream. We would skim off the cream and put it in a sterilized mason jar and leave it on the counter for about 24 hours. When there were little bubble slowly drifting to the top, I'd shake the jar (obviously with a lid on) until it curdled into butter and whey.  Then I'd line a fine mesh sieve with a couple layers of cheese cloth, place it...
I don't mean to throw another problem at you when clearly, the chef has little operational expertise but- Have you or the chef considered the food-bourne illness implications of keeping raw lamb, jus and demi at room temp on a hot line throughout dinner service? What happens to the lamb you don't sell at the end of the night?   Just seems to me that this is a situation that's cooking up more than tasty food. Probably some very unhappy tummies and a visit from the...
Vitamix are good blenders, but pull a lot of juice (electricity) and make a lot of noise! Their design is also not very cleaning friendly. I'm sold on the Blend Tec blenders. We bought 2 commercial grade blenders with the sound barrier cases for our juice and smoothie bar over four years ago and they still work like champs! We blend everything from raw carrots and frozen fruit to cocoa nibs and chocolate pastilles in them (making our hot chocolate mix) and they work...
Here's another-paying top dollar to dine farm-to-table and being served beverages in Mason Jars?!?!?  Sheesh! I used to struggle to make ends meet, well, I still do, but then it necessitated the mason jar thing. Now-please give me a frikkin glass to drink from!
I've noticed a design trend in many food service and food retail operations recently. Many, Many new  restaurants are using lots of reclaimed wood from old barns and such to panel walls, fashion table tops and banquette seating. Am I the only one that is getting totally sick of it? There are some great restaurants near me where I love to dine, but I getting sick of snagging my clothes on rough hewn wood and getting splinters in my butt and elbows whenever I sit...
Use pieces of beef chuck for stew. Often recipes call for using round or eye round for pot roast and stew. Bad idea-the meat is too lean and always comes out dry and stringy.