or Connect

Posts by foodnfoto

Beverages? Wedding Cake? Try cheerfully saying "Sure we can do that!" and offer a $14 pp menu that has a cubed cheese & cracker tray, bowls of nuts, crudite/ dip and fruit platters on each table.  That might change her mind.
Totally been there Pancake House. My experience was a carbon copy of your Valentine's Day fiasco only it was Mother's Day brunch which coincided with Duke University AND the University of North Carolina commencement ceremonies. It started at 9 AM and didn't stop until 11 that night. Totally inexperience FOH manager took every reservation that came in regardless of whether we had that many seats in the restaurant available. Total chairs in the resto- 250. Total...
We've been using the Breville Juice Fountain for our business for 3 years and it works like a champion! The trick with leafy greens is to use the lower speed and not push it through too hard. We got the Omega masticating juicer for offering wheatgrass shots, but it's a pain to use and SLOOOOOWWWWW. It also doesn't like having to juice apples, carrots or anything particularly crunchy. The feeder shoot is really narrow, too, necessitating cutting your veggies into little...
Good post Bazza I agree totally
  Just for giggles  
Coconut water works better than gatorade and has less sugar. Yes, you could be dehydrated, but from your other post, your sleepiness could be simply from the stress of the job.  Like I said before, pay good attention to your posture. Good posture will do you a world of good. Many chefs have back problems due to lots of hunching and poor ergonomic positioning as they do repetitive tasks. If you do a little yoga after your shift it will probably help too. Try learning...
Boy, are there ever some red flags in this thread-from both sides of the equation.   Traditionally, the professional kitchen has been an environment where many chefs view their position as similar to a military general or drill sergeant. Lots of screaming and yelling is supposed to motivate your brigade. I agree with this approach if you need to motivate people to rush into the battlefield and kill other humans. However, this is food service business we're talking about...
It's always a good idea to read about how the author approached their measurements. This is usually found in a cookbook's introductory chapter. Most cooks go straight to the recipe without bothering to read this vital piece of information and thus, get a bad result and complain about it in a review of the book.  Measuring is particularly important in pastry where a couple tablespoons of flour, more or less, can make the difference between a tough cake or dough or a tender...
OK I want to learn how to do this! We sell a lot of organic chocolate in our shop, but have trouble finding the variety that we'd really like to offer. Got a K-6 just need the panning attachment and the blower set up. What do you have the dryer hose hooked up to?
Hi Caili Glad to know there is another food stylist on these boards. I work in the NY area, but used to live in Tampa too. Always wondered if there was much food photography going on in Florida. I imagine with all the Disney Studios nearby there would be. Please show us some of your work.  I'd love to see it.