Posts by chefpeon

Books? YouTube Videos? Job experience? Practicing yourself at home?
I hate doing petit fours. Too much labor for not enough product. So I price mine in such a way that it will make it totally worth my time and cost prohibitive to the client. I always discourage people from ordering them by telling them there are so many other mini pastries that taste a lot better and are equally beautiful. Not to mention easier and less labor to crank out. 
All you can really do is manage the temperature and humidity, since you can't do anything about the nature of sea salt. Only sprinkle the salt on top after the ganache is set and very very cool or cold, and don't store the cake in humid and or cold places for very long. Another thing you might try is buying a coarser grind of salt so it's more visible and won't dissolve as fast. For instance, Himalayan Pink salt is very coarse and rather attractive. You might try that.
Wow.....that's a lot of toffee powder!    I have never used such a thing in a pastry kitchen though. The only toffee powder that I know of here in the US is the kind of powder you would add to coffee or use it as part of a mix to make smoothies.   Maybe since you're in Saudi, toffee powder there is a different thing. I don't know.    Let's say the toffee powder in question actually is the same kind of thing you find here in the US. If that's the case, and you say you...
I've always just dipped my "stems" in melted white chocolate and let dry.
Do you have adequate freezer space? You can cut out your yeast dough into donut circles and freeze them. Then, let them thaw (should only take 30 minutes tops depending on the temperature in your kitchen), proof and fry. Voila! Also, be sure to make it so your production is that you don't freeze the dough longer than a week. Even at freezing temps, yeast can burn itself out. 
Thanks for tagging me Nicko! Making pie dough in advance is all I ever do because keeping the dough cold and not over handling it is really the most important thing. When you make the dough ahead of time and chill it, you can't really use it straight out of the fridge because it's rock hard at that point. If you attempt to roll it out it WILL seem crumbly and dry. Pull the dough out and leave it out for about 15 minutes. THEN roll it. It could be that's all that the OP...
You may not consider yourself a "professional chef" but if you're a line cook, you cook for money, so that makes you a pro for all intents and purposes. You might want to check out this thread, because the circumstances and advice offered apply to food trucks as well:  http://www.cheftalk.com/t/90796/one-man-pastry-shop​
Everyone has had great input on this. Rock solid advice if I've ever seen it. In my 20 years plus pastry career, I have never worked at a successful pastry shop that did not have most of its product go out as wholesale through the back door. Front end stuff has always been a small percentage of income and more like PR for your storefront.
Sure, it can be done. But you won't last long.