or Connect

Posts by chefpeon

In addition to what @JCakes said, we did a lot of wholesale to grocery chains and independent stores. We actually did buy back unsold product, but our deal was that WE were the ones who stocked the shelves and determined the inventory. Because we were on top of it daily, we could more closely control the bread sales by figuring out what was moving and what wasn't and reducing our shrinkage. It's important to note that we ONLY agreed to a buy back program if WE were the...
I'm assuming you've already got the oven space and a large capacity mixer to accommodate your scaled up batches.......right? ;) And you've already costed out your ingredients and your overhead so you won't lose money on this venture. Of course you have. And you're properly permitted and licensed.    Big tip here: Before you scale up, it is always best to scale by weight. You will save yourself a lot of headaches and errors if you scale by weight. Scaling by volume is too...
So........you need help doing math?
@lazar89, The OP wanted to know if they could make the white chocolate itself, not for recipes using white chocolate. Also, this forum is for pros only......if you're not a pro you should refrain from posting. Thank you!
Well, I guess my take on it is, we're "pastry" chefs.........and we make all those things. Cakes, breads, cookies, pies, croissants, danish, biscuits.....
Well, you are multiple attempts at it ahead of me, that's for sure. I hope someone who has made them successfully can chime in at some point.
@D Whiz .......check this video out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr-yaD1Gc1Y   The first 5 minutes is just a lot of dough stretching. This dough is a lot like phyllo/strudel dough. It has to be thin enough to see through, and not even a pasta roller gets it that thin, so doing it the way the video shows is probably the best way to go to get a good pastry. Check it out!
I have attempted making them once and my results weren't great. I usually work at things until I get them down, but I never attempted a second try at this because I just wasn't wild about this particular pastry in the first place. You definitely need a pasta roller for this. Sheeters never go thin enough.
I agree with what ChefRoss said. A steam oven's purpose is NOT to add moisture to a baked item. It's purpose is to help form a crustier loaf of bread. The steam is injected into the oven for only a very short period of time as well.....30 seconds or so.    I haven't yet jumped on the gluten free train but I do know that of all gluten free items, bread is the hardest to do. Mostly because bread DEPENDS on gluten development for texture and structure. I have my doubts that...