or Connect

Posts by chefpeon

I wouldn't be able to answer your question unless I saw the videos and could see what kind of glaze they were working with. If you're just melting couverture or candy melts without another ingredient, like cream for instance, then of course it would be hard to work with and set up too fast.
Coating peels? Are you talking about couverture or candy melts maybe? I haven't used either for this particular glaze, but I don't see why you couldn't.
@D Whiz.........I just poured this one today. White Chocolate Mirror Glaze. My recipe is:20 g gelatin powder120 g water300 g glucose (I use corn syrup)300 g sugar150 g water200 g sweetened condensed milk300 g Chocolate (either White, Milk or Dark) 1) Bloom gelatin in water2) Boil the glucose, sugar & water3) Remove from heat and add the gelatin4) Add condensed milk5) Pour over chocolate and beurre mix to smooth out Pour no warmer than 35C. Surface of item to be coated...
Hey @D Whiz........try looking upthread. Auzzi posted an Ivory Glacage recipe that you can add color to.
Please move this to the pastry and baking forum. If you are not a professional, you should not be posting here.
You knead the dough until it's smooth and elastic. How long that takes depends on the gluten content in your flour. 
Most flour tortilla recipes I've used in the past (with no issues), have lard or shortening in them, in addition to, or instead of the oil. The fact that you're using oil as 100% of your fat could be the reason they are "oily". It seems obvious that that recipe is not working for you, so I'd suggest trying another one, to be honest. Not real sure why the vinegar is in there.....usually it's used as a dough tenderizer but I don't see much reason for it in a flour...
Trust me, you don't need to buy a product called "sticky bun sugar". These products are marketed for home bakers that don't know better. The above suggestions are good. 
I love Cook's Illustrated too. Here's the link to that back issue, if you want to read it: https://www.cooksillustrated.com/recipes/8575-baked-alaska
Since you've only been doing pastry a year and a half, I would be careful about biting off more than you can chew. Entremets usually consist of many components, each done in advance of the final construction of your dessert. You have to consider time involved, and also what kind of space you have in your kitchen freezer and refrigerator(s). If you do large volume, will you be able to keep up? Lots of things to consider besides just being able to do a fancy dessert. Even...