or Connect

Posts by Austin_

The chicken sounds like a combo between chicken saltimbocca, insalata caprese, and cordon blue. :confused: :lips:. As far as the sauce goes, I would probably just dice some pancetta, cook that on medium-high heat until is crispens and browns, drain the fat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and saute about 4 cloves of garlic, minced for like 40 seconds until it gets tender and fragrant. Then add 2 tablespoons of European butter and 1/2 cup of heavy cream, just let that meld...
Lol, all I had was microwaved chicken taquitos and a roast beef sandwich. :lol: We haven't been able to go to the grocery store lately becuase our car was infested with ants. Literally, infested. The car's clean now, thankfully. For some reason, the summer heat is making me lazy. I think I'm just going to do a basic, fuss-free, roasted tenderloin, with maybe some Yukon gold mashed potatoes on the side for tomorrow's dinner. Nothing special. I'll probably just do a really...
You should probably make it from scratch, just because it only takes a few minutes to make a marinade in the first place, and considering you're probably going to be marinating it for a couple of hours (or depending on how big the cut of meat is), a couple extra minutes probably won't be a big deal. Spice rubs on the other hand, can be delicious storebought, but in some cases it can get expensive and is pretty much your choice. For example, if you wanted to make a Cajun...
Marinades or spice rubs would be great. Spice Rubs add a nice crust and incredible flavor, and marinades also add great flavor as well as making the meat extremely tender. Here's an example recipe of a marinade I just came up with on the spur of a moment. (best not to try it at home, just in case it turns out nasty!) Here it is. Simple All-Purpose Marinade Juice of 2 lemons 5 cloves of garlic, mashed and minced 3 tablespoons of Dijon mustard 1/2 small onion,...
Agreed, suzanne. :) Tomorrow, I'm going to be testing my recipe for "grilled chicken cutlets with a maple chipotle sauce". I can't wait to see how they'll taste. It's pretty much like a BBQ sauce, but I used my favorite type of sweet, maple syrup, and combined it with my favorite heat, chipotles. And a few other nice ingredients up my sleeve. My guess is that they'll taste at least pretty good.
That's a nice way of putting it, chicken. I'll remember that. And the BBQ Pork sounds like a nice addition as well. Thank you so much. Highly appreciated. :roll:
It looks really good. Perhaps a little too many ingredients for my taste however. But it does look pretty easy, and it gives me a lot of good ideas for making it my own. Thank you. I really appreciate it. :)
I kind of like chicken chow mien a lot. As far as veggies go, I like onions, carrots, scallions, and garlic. I usually like my chow mien with teriyaki, ginger, or some kind of aciditic, such as lime or lemon. I don't usually cook chinese food a lot, and (forgive me for being a food snob :)), but all the recipes on the net seem to contain those nasty, rotten, cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, etc. etc, and I would never even touch a can of that stuff . I don't...
I hate takeout, but I love making Chinese food at home. However, I'm really on a lookout for a great chow mien recipe- it doesn't have to be fancy or super complicated, but I would like it to be delicious. Any help possible would be great. Thank you!
Just basic spaghetti and meatballs. Almost legendary- the meatballs were so tender they fell apart in the pan (not really bad, next time I'll bake them so they stay together), but the sauce was great, but next time I think I'll stir in a teaspoon or so of crushed red pepper flakes. Still, it was very good. Could have used some more garlic in my opinion- (4 cloves just isn't enough in my family!)