or Connect

Posts by my_psychosis

I have never even heard of it. It's supposed to be a healthy recipe, that's why turkey instead of pork. Can I use breakfast turkey sausage? Here is the recipe. Healthy Red Beans and Rice Ingredients 1 pound smoked turkey sausage 2 tbsp canola oil 1 large onion, diced 1 yellow or red bell pepper, seeded and diced 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 bunch green onions, sliced, green part reserved for garnish 1⁄2 tsp red pepper flakes 1 tbsp...
Thanks everybody. I'll do a mix of white with a little water.  And next shopping trip I'm looking for Rice vinegar!
I have lots of vinegars to choose from. Red wine, white wine, balsamic, apple cider and plain white, just no rice. Now I just need to decide which one. I'm thinking the apple cider. What would you use?   
I am making a dipping sauce for Thai garlic chicken. Here is what it calls for    1/2 cup rice vinegar (OR other type of vinegar: white, white wine, or apple cider) 1/3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed 4 cloves garlic, minced 1-2 fresh red chilies, minced OR 1/3 to 1/2 tsp. dried crushed chili OR cayenne pepper 1 Tbsp. fish sauce 1 Tbsp. soy sauce   I have rice cooking wine. Can I use that for the rice vinegar or should I go with one of their substitutes? If...
I had a recipe for an onion stuffing (I think the recipe actually called it dressing though) I got it about 20 years ago from a Joy of cooking book. All I remember is it had a ton of onions, melted butter, chicken broth, and regular bread cubbed. It had no meat.  It was basically just onion, bread, broth, butter, herbs and spices, maybe an egg.     I hadnt made it for a couple years, but this year I'm hosting Thanksgiving and My Dad asked me to make...
How many hours should I soak dry pinto beans? (I'm making pinto beans and rice tomorrow)
Thank you!
I found this recipe for Greek Hamburgers, it calls for wine but does not specify what kind. What should I use? Or can I substitute something else? Here is the recipe.   Ingredients 2 pounds ground beef 1/2 cup diced onions 2 slices bread, crumbled 2 small tomatoes, chopped or 1 cup tomatoes, canned 1 teaspoon cumin, ground 1 teaspoon oregano 2 eggs 1/2 cup wine salt and pepper, to...
Thank you much.  :)
(I wasnt sure what topic this should go under)Anyway, I found a recipe for Baked french toast with rasberry preserves and toasted almonds.It calls for "Ten 4-by-4-by-1-inch-thick slices egg bread"What is egg bread and does anybody have a recipe? Please and thank you. :)