or Connect

Posts by jennykhughes

I tried the cresent roll dough and it is not even close to Panera's - don't waste your time. They are incredibly yummy so I am still trying. Keep us posted if you are successful.
Per pound of meat I use, 1 whole egg, 1/4 c milk, and 1/3 c saltines. I always add some sauteed onion, mustard, worstershire, Tabasco and all of this lends extra moisture. It binds together really well but you can add a little exta milk if necessary. Also, take it out of the loaf pan! Shape on an oiled baking sheet coat with half of your ketchup and bake. But about fifteen minutes before it's done, top with remaining ketchup. It leaves a really nice crisp coating,...
Welcome to the site. Are you still in Denton? My SO was teaching there last semester and I just loved Beth Marie's on the square. Yum! Where are you looking to buy a bed and breakfast? There is one for sale in my neck of the woods. And I heard, from my SO, that I make the best cheesecake...:lol:
Thanks for all the info - The lemon or grapefruit sorbet sound like great options - any killer (easy) recipes for them floating around? ;) We have another meeting of the minds at lunch tomorrow and I'm pushin' that risotto as the pasta course. I like the idea of the very neatly stacked veggies and carrot ribbons with the beef. Oh, and the choc covered espresso beans and port - I'm trying that right now - heaven in my mouth. Good tip!!
Welcome!! I hope that you find this site as useful as I have. There is alot of great info here. Looking forward to your imput as well. Jen
Wild Mushroom Consommé sounds good to me. I made a "cheat" mushroom consommé the other day with loads of stalks I had left over from a cocktail party. Fried them in butter until browned with a little chopped onion, then added 2 tsps mushroom-flavoured soy sauce, a little salt and a sprig of thyme, and a handful of dried Chinese mushrooms - very cheap at the local Chinese Grocery. Cooked that until I'd reduced the liquid by half, then strained the result,discarded the...
We do the Wellington very traditionally - filet, duxelles, pate, puff pastry. I would like to see the risotto as the pasta course and not as a side to the beef. I'm trying to convince the rest of the menu committee of that. We do want beautiful plates and they thought if the beef stood alone with only Maderia sauce and asparagus it would look too spare. We are doing very small portions of the beef. Any suggestions as to what we could set the beef on top of - for height?...
I love the idea of lighting up the pasta - 86 the gnocchi - I'm not a huge fan of vodka sauce either. It was tossed out at our menu meeting last night. The fresh corn relish with the crab cakes is an interesting idea. They definitely have a southwestern spice feel to them. They are very good alone. (I would rather slit my wrist than serve a remoulade.:D Now that's passe!) We thought about doing that with the shrimp doing a very spicy rub for the shrimp and nesting one...
Thank you in advance for your help on this. Food service industry gurus--I need your help. I am planning a fund-raising dinner for 50-60 guests. The tickets are being sold for $125-$150 per plate (still working on that being finalized). Also, if any one has any suggestions for a snazzy name for this thing - I am open to suggestions on that as well. This is the tentative menu: Event Date: August 18, 2006 Harvest Texarkana’s First Annual Gourmet Wine...
I see rice in your future...:rolleyes: The napoleons are great, I do a very similar version with potatoes, onions, and mushrooms. (slice and cook the potatoes in a mixture of cream, butter, thyme, salt & pepper, bay leaf until almost done. Take out and layer w/ sauteed mushrooms and caramelized onions. yummy. If they seem too slippery they can be skewered with a rosemary stem.) Basmati pilaf? Beautiful, smells great, taste great, and cheap. Ready-made tortillini...