SANTI SANTAMARIA: "IF WE ARE WHAT WE EAT, WE GO WITH CARE, BECAUSE WE BEGAN TO EAT VERY RARE THINGS "
Today, prestigious Catalan Cook Santi Santamaria has presented the Manifest the Conference the International of the Kitchen of Barcelona. Santi Santamaria been has accompanied by Basque Cooks Martín Berasategui and Pedro Subijana and French Cooks Michel Troisgros and Marc Haeberlin. The act has been presented by the delegated advisor of the Fórum, Jaume Pagès.
The Manifest International of the Kitchen of Barcelona, presented today within the Universal Fórum of the Cultures, has been signed by 111 professionals of the kitchen, of different European restaurants, many of awarded them with Michelín stars. This Manifest International emphasizes in its eight points the fundamental paper that the kitchen like irreplaceable and fundamental part of the culture and like evident example of cultural diversity plays.
"the cooks we had still not said anything", has declared Santamaría, "but now he is a little while excellent. Next year Barcelona will be the gastronomical city of the world, and this gastronomical city we began to construct it the cooks today same through this Manifest."
For the signers of the Manifest of Barcelona, the kitchen is patrimony of the humanity, a good that, consequently, there is to consider like a cultural inheritance. In this Manifest International also it is requested that the Administration plays an important role with regard to assuring and spreading correct nourishing habits.
"Through the feeding, through which we put in a plate we can know a country. If we are what we eat, we go with care, because we began to eat very rare things ", there is this Santamaría, talking about to the new domestic habits that fill the refrigerators of prefabricated food. These changes of habits, according to the Catalan Cook, not only can be bad for the quality of life of the citizens, but also for the sustainability of the cities, since this type of feeding multiplies the amount of remainders.
In a while in which the globalization also has arrived at the kitchens and its diversity, the Manifest of the Conference the International of the Kitchen requests to fight the clear aggression to the culture and the quality of life of the people whom east process supposes, that it does not contemplate nor it respects the natural diversity of the culinary culture. The signatory Cooks also want to defend to all the professionals who help to make good kitchen, like fishermen, agriculturists, cattle dealers, etc.
Between the 111 signers of the Manifest of the Conference the International of the Kitchen there are cooks coming from Switzerland, Austria, England, Italy, France or Norway. With respect to the signers of the Spanish State, there are representing professionals of Basque, Catalan, Castilian, Aragonese, Balearic, Galician and Navarrese the kitchen.
BARCELONA . - One of the more prestigious Spanish Cooks, Santi Santamaría, first ' chef' patrio that obtained coveted the three Michelín stars , has presented in the Fórum the ' Manifest International of the Kitchen accompanied by other great like the Basques Martín Berasategui and Pedro Subijana and French Michel Troisgros and Marc Haeberlin .
The text, signed by 111 culinary’s professionals , between whom there are, among other nationalities, French, Spaniards, Swiss, Austrian or British, emphasizes in eight points the place that must have the kitchen in the culture worldwide and rejects ' globalization' that fills the freezers of all the planet of prefabricated meals.
"Through which we put in a plate we can know a country. If we are what we eat, we go with care, because we began to eat very rare things ", there is this Santamaría. According to the Cook, the change of nourishing habits is detrimental as much for the quality of life of the companion at table like for the sustainability of the cities, that are flooded of remainders.
Santi Santamaría is a strange case in the Mount Olympus of the furnaces . Although his first labor steps were like industrial teacher and technical sketcher, decided to open in 1981 next to their wife Àngels ' the Racó de Can Fabes' , in their familiar house of Sant Celoni, on the feet of the Barcelonian Montseny. It has never learned neither practical theory nor in another premises that are not his. Even so, already 10 years ago, Michelín guide granted three to him of his stars, the Maxima qualification of the culinary hole book.
The manifest says the following thing:
“the Manifest International of the Kitchen”
1. - The kitchen is a cultural good patrimony of the humanity . The feeding and the relation of the man with the nature comprise of a context of permanent historical and social interchange, that varies substantially from a culture to another one. The evidence of this cultural diversity is a value that there is to protect and to respect.
2. - A suitable and rational feeding depends on the knowledge and the conscience of an own and essential kitchen. By means of the word the knowledge and only through the education is transmitted , and of fundamental way of the family and the school, the society will be able to transmit and to maintain the value and the consideration of the kitchen like a cultural inheritance .
3. - The own evolution and economic, technological and social transformation and the process of industrialization have exerted a direct influence in the changes that have occurred in the nourishing behavior of the society. The nourishing industry and the technology have contributed to a progressive homogenization of our food . The public institutions have to assure and to spread correct nourishing habits to guarantee a necessary and fundamental quality of life to the citizen.
4. - Each town has perfectly constructed nourishing habits, habits that mean an own and characteristic cultural behavior. Any express community through the kitchen not only certain gustativos habits, but also one personal way to be like differentiated colectivity. To preserve the especifidad of each town must be a culinary challenge as much as cultural. The formation and the intercultural dialogue, also in kitchen, must become and promote themselves from the respect to the differences and the identity.
5. - The kitchen presents values of interchange and cohesion that are to preserve themselves. In the field of the feeding and the kitchen, the globalization process tends and contributes to an unequivocal and progressive homogenization of our food, often in damage of the quality of products , the customs and the culinary tradition. The cook must fight this clear aggression to the culture and the warm one of life of the people. A coherent globalization would not have to take to consume more industrial and prefabricated products, but to foment and to contemplate a model of consumption more rational than it respects the natural diversity of the culinary culture.
6. - The professionals of the kitchen we commit ourselves to support of unconditional way to agriculturists, cattle dealers, fishermen, etc., to contribute to foment one more a more rational and sustainable operation of natural means.
7. - The interest which they nowadays provoke the cooks in mass media turns transmitters of models and guidelines to us of social behavior in the scope of the feeding. This reality forces to us to confront our profession with a total and absolute responsibility in circumstances of deep social and cultural evolution.
8. - In social surroundings in which the hunger continues being an evident and unjust reality, the cooks we please demanded to the Administration a greater economic commitment and a global policy more joust in the poorer and underprivileged countries and towns.
By Cocineros.info A Website written by Cook's