Related Forum Threads
- Anybody out there a PAELLA GOD? Last post on 1/19/11 at 10:05pm in Food & Cooking
- Suggestions on a Risotto Recipe Last post on 12/24/10 at 3:17pm in Food & Cooking
- How do you cook risoto in a restaurant? Last post on 11/30/10 at 2:28pm in Professional Chefs
- sauce suggestions? Last post on 10/2/10 at 5:56am in Recipes
- Catering RICE - Newbie needs HELP - Best way to produce rice at an interneal / external event. Last post on 8/23/10 at 2:13am in Food & Cooking
Last edited: 1/21/12
- Chinese Black Forbidden RiceLast edited: 1/21/12
- Basmati RiceLast edited: 1/21/12
- Italian Rice Dishes By Diane SeedLast edited: 2/16/10
So far im loving this school this is just my first semester so i can't judge to much but coming from my last school henry ford community college schoolcraft community college is so much better the...
The Chefs at The Chef's Academy in Indianapolis, In. Were amazing and knowledgeable. They showed interest with your creativity and looked forward to beating you with their hats when you did some...
I picked up one of these on sale with the intention of storing until Christmas. But that's a ways off, and I needed to verify it worked in case I needed to return it with in the warranty...
I've been looking for recipes and ideas I can ship off with my daughter to college and this book had a good variant idea on the one-pot meal. But the writing is chatty and cutesy. This doesn't...
Classic Rice Pilafpost #2 of 68/29/04 at 8:21am"Classic" is a loaded word, as bad as "authentic." :lol: As far as I'm concerned, basic ingredients are:
Rice, preferably long- or medium-grain -- one with not much surface starch
Fat of some variety
Onion of some variety, chopped fine
Maybe celery, chopped fine
Liquid of some variety, at a boil (2 times the volume of the rice)
Salt and pepper
Add onion, celery if using; sweat (cook until soft but not browned)
Add rice; turn up heat. Cook, stirring often, until rice is opaque and fragrant.
Add liquid all at once.
Season with S & P
Cover. Lower heat. Cook 15 minutes.
Uncover, check that all liquid has been absorbed. Cook longer if not.
Fluff. Correct seasoning. Serve."Notorious stickler" -- The New York Times, January 4, 2004"Notorious stickler" -- The New York Times, January 4, 2004post #3 of 68/29/04 at 12:56pmTrue!
I thought pilaf meant that the rice dish was fortified with raisins and almonds... or some variation of fruit and nuts.post #4 of 68/29/04 at 2:00pmpost #5 of 68/30/04 at 12:13am
Rice PilafRICE PILAF
1 c. uncooked long grain white
1 Tbsp. onion or ¼c.
1/2 tsp. salt
¼ to½ tsp. ground thyme
or poultry seasoning
1 Tbsp. margarine or butter
2 chicken bouillon cubes or 2
tsp. instant chicken
2 c. hot water
½ c. (4 oz.) can drained
mushroom stems and pieces
or 1 c. sliced fresh
In a one-quart baking dish, combine all the ingredients.
Mix well. Cover and bake at 375 º F.for 30 to 35 minutes, stir-
Serving Suggestions: Good served with baked chicken or
Variations: Saucepan Rice Pilaf, combine ingredients in
a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer
for 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir occasional-
- Classic Rice Pilaf
- Chinese Black Forbidden Rice
Currently, there are 455 Active Users (5 Members and 450 Guests)
- › I'm the one cooking Thanksgiving dinner for the first time! 43 minutes ago
- › Help Me Find Buy-it-For-Life Knives 43 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Does anyone use a meal delivery service? Plated, Hello Fresh, Blue... 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Beef Stock In the Oven- anyone? 2 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › What do they teach at a formal Culinary school? 2 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › Pricing / Product Q 3 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › My pan got pretty messed up, what to do? 3 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › Authentic Mexican? 4 hours ago
- › Menu / Product Question 4 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets 17 piece Silicone and Stainless Steel... by rose1
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by chefpeaches
- › Chef Academy by TheCookSaigium
- › Anova WiFi Sous Vide Precision Cooker, Black by phatch
- › Sheet Pan Suppers: 120 Recipes for Simple, Surprising, Hands-Off... by phatch
- › Iwatani Gas Cassette Burner Stove by eastshores
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by tessy
- › Wine Bottle Cooler Stick - 3-in-1 Stainless Steel Wine Chiller... by majorc
- › Meat Thermometer - Instant Read LCD Screen Auto Shut-Off with Long... by majorc
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by freshbaked