A "mirror" always looks fine on such a cheesecake.
1 (300 g) package frozen strawberries, thawed
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons gelatin
- Press thawed strawberries through fine sieve to make 3/4 cup juice.
- In saucepan, bring juice,and sugar to a boil over medium-high heat;cook stirring, for 30 seconds or until dissolved.
- Dissolve gelatin in small bowl in several tablespoons of cold water
- Whisk 1/4 cup juice into gelatin in bowl;let stand for 1 minute.
- Stir in remaining raspberry mixture.
- Refrigerate glaze, stirring often, for about 1 hour or until consistency of liquid honey.
- Pour over chilled cake,gently spreading with back of spoon to evenly cover top.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until glaze is set.
(I've been known to add a few drops of red food color to the glaze for a deeper color)