As you said, 85% of food borne illness originates in the home. That leaves 15% coming from commercial establishments. I'd guess that the vast majority of that comes from chain and fast food restaurants (I've seen many people wearing gloves touch raw meat and then vegetables without changing gloves, or using the same tongs for raw meats and burger buns). If you go to a Michelin 3-star restaurant do you honestly think that your food will have never been touched by someone's hand? As I said, for tasting I use spoons, but it's rediculous to think that someone using bare hands to plate a dish is going to cause you illness (especially at a half-decent restaurant).
post #31 of 37
2/1/06 at 12:18pm