Klimagro is the only way to go!
I love to cook with fresh herbs, about as much as I hate spending $2.99 - $5.99 for a small plastic box of fresh herbs from the store, that aren't always that "fresh"!
So, I bought a Klimagro. Actually I bought two Klimagros. I think the one in my Garden window in my kitchen is the Classic, and the big one in my back bedroom is the Majestic.www.klimagro.com
They have the following features:
1. Built in lights (not growlux bulbs, but special lights that closely mimic the real sunlight).
2. Build in adjustable timer for the lights
3. Sturdy metal and safety glass construction
4. Built in Humidity probe and humidity meter
5. Built in heating apparatus and adjustable temperature control
6. Uses ordinary dirt (we use organic potting soil)
7. Built in fan for air circulation
8. All glass top, front and back sides are fully slideable for easy access.
9. Optional adjustable height glass shelf for starters and hanging plants.
They're very beautiful, functional, reliable, and man, do the herbs grow like crazy. I keep the light timer at 18 hours so the herbs don't fruit (unless I want them too, then I change the timer to 12 hours).
I own no stock or other interest in Klimagro, but I met the owner and he is a very helpful, courteous, and knowledgeable fellow who has devoted his life to this product.