or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

catering license?

post #1 of 4
Thread Starter 
hey ya'll! just wandering if anyone knows what licenses are needed
to start a catering business in Texas, and who to contact. thanks!!
post #2 of 4

In home or offsite?

I don't know about Texas, but I think your first call should be to the State Dept of Health and find out about what types of food handling/sanitation permits you need. Kitchen if you own or are renting.

Obviously business licenses, insurance.

I don't know of any State (except in rare instances for baked goods MAYBE in NH) that allows out of home catering, but that doesn't discount personal chefs or private in-home catering (meaning you use the client's kitchen for parties and such.

Hope this helps.

post #3 of 4
Where's Burnet?
No disagreeing with April, but I would start with your local health department. You can work from your home as long as you have a seperate kitchen detached from you regular kitchen and is inspected.
Spelunking? anywhere around big D.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow, Learn as if you were to live forever. MG
Live as if you were to die tomorrow, Learn as if you were to live forever. MG
post #4 of 4
From what I understand (and I'm near Dallas), if you operate out of your home -it is true, you must have a separate commerical kitchen -detached from your "home" kitchen. If you do not have that, I've heard of people renting a kitchen 2 or 3 days a week from local churches or restaurants.
I'm just not sure of insurance issues. A lot has changed from the olden days where you could just open your home to people and serve food without 30 inspections. Good luck!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Professional Catering