What I would (and have) looked for were:
- Drive - does this person have the desire to be there?
- Personality - will this person work well with us?
- Ability to Hang - will this person still be with us Friday night at 7:30pm when the rail is white with tickets?
- Mise en place - self explanatory.
- Are they still smiling at the end of the shift.
There's a thousand indicators, but the first is the biggest. Did they show up on time for the initial interview? Did they seem excited about the venture? I don't mind training people. Sure, sometimes the rush hours are the hardest time to actually train, especially if your line is short already, but you'll see who knows what and who knows enough to get OUT of the way when required.
So, would I consider him/her? Heck yes!