- categoryChefs Knivestagged by System, 4/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- First Knife (I bet you guys are tired of this thread) Last post on 5/14/14 at 3:38pm in Cooking Knife Reviews
- Need help on finding the perfect knife set for me. Last post on 2/9/16 at 11:26am in Cooking Knife Reviews
- First Knife set advice Last post on 4/12/14 at 7:28am in Cooking Knife Reviews
- Which Chef Knife and Why? Last post on 3/30/14 at 8:26am in Cooking Knife Reviews
- In Japan For Holiday Looking For Some Knife Recommendations Last post on 3/22/14 at 11:32pm in Cooking Knife Reviews
How To Sharpen A Chefs Knife
Last edited: 1/7/12
- SantokuLast edited: 8/25/10
- Japanese Knives 101Last edited: 5/7/13
- Chef Knives How To Really Use ThemLast edited: 2/16/10
- How To Use A Chef Knife Part IILast edited: 8/31/13
So far im loving this school this is just my first semester so i can't judge to much but coming from my last school henry ford community college schoolcraft community college is so much better the...
The Chefs at The Chef's Academy in Indianapolis, In. Were amazing and knowledgeable. They showed interest with your creativity and looked forward to beating you with their hats when you did some...
I picked up one of these on sale with the intention of storing until Christmas. But that's a ways off, and I needed to verify it worked in case I needed to return it with in the warranty...
I've been looking for recipes and ideas I can ship off with my daughter to college and this book had a good variant idea on the one-pot meal. But the writing is chatty and cutesy. This doesn't...
Engraving Knivespost #1 of 67/18/07 at 3:30pmThread StarterI want to get my knives engraved before i start working in a couple week and was going to take it to a person who engraves and pay for it. But i was thinking and i know dremel tools have engraving bits and i have a dremel but i dont want to mess up the knife by doing it with a dremel. So my question is can i do it with a dremel and is there anything i need to know if i do engrave with the dremel?
ChefTalk.com Top Pickspost #2 of 67/18/07 at 3:50pmpost #3 of 67/18/07 at 4:15pmA Dremel is a high-speed, handheld, drill-like device. You can hold it almost like a pencil, which makes it very versatile, especially since you can put on drill, grinding, sanding, beveling, etc tips.
Incidentally, that is what I use to mark my knives. If you are unsure of how it will perform, practice on a 'cheapie' before taking at stab at your good knives.post #4 of 67/18/07 at 4:22pmThread Starterpost #5 of 67/18/07 at 6:39pmpost #6 of 67/19/07 at 12:38pmAdamm, I recently "marked" my set of Henckels so I could identify them "just in case"... Non the less I used an engraving tool, one that hammers not spins, I have used it many times on tools, keys etc. I marked mine on the very end of the tang. (the metal between the two pieces of the handle)The letters are very small and virtually un noticeable, but my intials are there non the less when it comes time to figger out who's is who's..fortunately I work with some classy guys, not to mention they prefer their Globals to my Henckels:confused:, cept for the paring knives.:D
I would agree with the others that practice is esential, kinda like once its there its there...Scott B
As far as the Kitchen goes, it is a long, long day that is never really over, you just go home at some pointScott B
As far as the Kitchen goes, it is a long, long day that is never really over, you just go home at some point
- Engraving Knives
ChefTalk.com Top Picks
Currently, there are 427 Active Users (3 Members and 424 Guests)
- › Crab Apple Jelly 11 minutes ago
- › My pan got pretty messed up, what to do? 29 minutes ago
- › October 2016 Cooking Challenge: Squash 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Chef Schedule 1 hour, 48 minutes ago
- › Troubleshooting with Italian Meringue Buttercream 2 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › Getting a Knife! Takamura? 3 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Chef Coats 3 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Need advice on a stove/range: dual-fuel preferred 5 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Holding Baozi during service 6 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Authentic Mexican? 6 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets 17 piece Silicone and Stainless Steel... by rose1
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by chefpeaches
- › Chef Academy by TheCookSaigium
- › Anova WiFi Sous Vide Precision Cooker, Black by phatch
- › Sheet Pan Suppers: 120 Recipes for Simple, Surprising, Hands-Off... by phatch
- › Iwatani Gas Cassette Burner Stove by eastshores
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by tessy
- › Wine Bottle Cooler Stick - 3-in-1 Stainless Steel Wine Chiller... by majorc
- › Meat Thermometer - Instant Read LCD Screen Auto Shut-Off with Long... by majorc
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by freshbaked