I regularly do the frozen pesto in the ice cube tray trick. Everything but the cheese. It holds its color just fine and is more pungent than the premade stuff. It's farmer's market time here in the upper midwest and you can get great gobs of fresh basil for a song. I make up large batches of pesto, freeze it in ice cube trays immediately and then shuck the frozen cubes into ziplock bags in the freezer. Defrost, mix in your grated cheese and use. You can add more oil if you need to when you add the cheese..
- topicHerbs And Spicestagged by System, 5/23/10
Related Forum Threads
- Measuring? Last post on 4/11/14 at 7:27am in Food & Cooking
- What treat would you buy again and again... Last post on 8/20/14 at 10:23am in Food & Cooking
- Welcome, Spring! Last post on 3/21/14 at 10:05am in Food & Cooking
- Getting started Last post on 3/22/14 at 1:59pm in The Chef's Garden
- Cheap Saffron Last post on 9/19/13 at 7:53pm in Food & Cooking
How To Prepare Fresh Herbs For Cooking
Last edited: 1/10/12
- Top 10 Least Well Known Culinary HerbsLast edited: 5/8/10
- History And Descriptions Of ChiliesLast edited: 3/8/10
- A Standard For All SeasonsLast edited: 2/16/10
- Pepper Profile ChipotlesLast edited: 2/16/10
I have to admit that at first I was a little worried about a cookbook put out by Betty Crocker. After all who is Betty Crocker anyway? My fear was that every recipe would require a box mix to be...
I'm in the Foods Program at Saddleback Community College and my experiences thus far have been fantastic! Classes usually meet once a week for 5 hours. This gives the student ample time to prepare...
I've experimented with juicing over the years, not as a lifestyle by any means, but I do believe science backs up the fact that many vegetables have nutritional value that is lost during the...
Keep an eye out for discounts, I purchased two of these units and one of the two I was able to score a coupon code for a $50.00 discount! Sous Vide gear has been consistently coming down in...
The best recipes to prepare at home are not always those found on the latest cooking program or come from trying to replicate the goodness found at the hottest restaurant. Some recipes may even be...
Why does my fresh basil turn black? - Page 2post #31 of 328/18/11 at 8:05pm
ChefTalk.com Top Pickspost #32 of 3210/16/12 at 3:31pm
- Why does my fresh basil turn black?
ChefTalk.com Top Picks
- Top 10 Least Well Known Culinary Herbs
Currently, there are 241 Active Users (5 Members and 236 Guests)
- › Rock n' Roll Oatmeal 34 minutes ago
- › Genoise recipe. 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Gelato / Ice cream course in English - in Italy 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › What do chefs eat at home? 2 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Master Class Lenôtre - is it the best pastry program? 2 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › Brunch Menu Ideas 3 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Food Transparency 3 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › October 2014 Challenge - Stew 3 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › What is on your Thanksgiving menu this year? 4 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Induction cookers vs. Gas 4 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Betty Crocker The Big Book of Cookies (Betty Crocker Big Book) by Cami
- › Saddleback College - Food and Nutrition Department by robstathem
- › Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Commercial Masticating Juicer, Black... by eastshores
- › Anova Sous Vide Immersion Circulator (Black) by eastshores
- › Polish Classic Recipes (Classics Series) by Jim Berman
- › Johnson and Wales University - Providence, RI by chefwriter
- › The Art Institute of California - Hollywood by ChefTorres87
- › J.A. Henckels International Forged Synergy 8-Inch Chef's Knife by 13krama
- › The Complete Guide to Northern Gulf Seafood by Pete
- › MAC MTH-80 8" Chef's Knife w/ Dimples by LovelyFeyd