I regularly do the frozen pesto in the ice cube tray trick. Everything but the cheese. It holds its color just fine and is more pungent than the premade stuff. It's farmer's market time here in the upper midwest and you can get great gobs of fresh basil for a song. I make up large batches of pesto, freeze it in ice cube trays immediately and then shuck the frozen cubes into ziplock bags in the freezer. Defrost, mix in your grated cheese and use. You can add more oil if you need to when you add the cheese..
- topicHerbs And Spicestagged by System, 5/23/10
Related Forum Threads
- Cheap Saffron Last post on 9/19/13 at 7:53pm in Food & Cooking
- Dandelion Greens Last post on 4/1/11 at 11:22am in Food & Cooking
- Dehydrating citrus zest, will this work? Last post on 3/16/11 at 11:08am in Food & Cooking
- Salt and Pepper Mill Preferance Last post on 2/23/11 at 9:15pm in Food & Cooking
- Help me make capers from eldertree flowerbuds... Last post on 2/5/11 at 6:57am in Food & Cooking
How To Prepare Fresh Herbs For Cooking
Last edited: 1/10/12
- Top 10 Least Well Known Culinary HerbsLast edited: 5/8/10
- History And Descriptions Of ChiliesLast edited: 3/8/10
- A Standard For All SeasonsLast edited: 2/16/10
- Pepper Profile ChipotlesLast edited: 2/16/10
You may wonder why I would title my book review “Mastering what you love to eat.” However in Patricia Wells’ latest book, The French Kitchen Cookbook, Recipes and Lessons from Paris and Provence,...
My wife and I are big yogurt eaters, and for years we've purchased store bought yogurt, but, this year, for Christmas I purchased a Donvier Yogurt Maker for my wife and we haven't purchased store...
DK seems to have done it again. They have produced a truly wonderful cookbook. Cooking Season by Season, 1000 recipes to cook through the year by DK has become my current favorite go-to cookbook. ...
It is safe to say that I am the only one in my extended family that cooks wild game. If I expand that I believe I have only one friend that cooks wild game, and she doesn’t do it on a regular...
I bought this sharpener about a month ago at Costo. I had wanted a diamond grinder for a while to bring back some older knives I had. For that it is superb. It will give a very dull knife an...
Why does my fresh basil turn black? - Page 2post #31 of 328/18/11 at 8:05pm
ChefTalk.com Top Pickspost #32 of 3210/16/12 at 3:31pm
- Why does my fresh basil turn black?
- Top 10 Least Well Known Culinary Herbs
Currently, there are 230 Active Users (10 Members and 220 Guests)
- › Gumbo 1 minute ago
- › nutribullet 5 minutes ago
- › not macarons 19 minutes ago
- › How to get "panini lines?" 37 minutes ago
- › March 2014 Challenge - Beans 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › French Macarons- Driving me insane!! Please help! 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Shoku Pan - Japanese White Sandwich Bread 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › What your Coffee says about you 1 hour, 42 minutes ago
- › Shrimp and Grits. 2 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › What Did You Have For Dessert? 2 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › The French Kitchen Cookbook: Recipes and Lessons from Paris and... by Cami
- › Cuisipro Donvier Electronic Yogurt Maker by Pete
- › Cooking Season by Season by Cami
- › The Venison Cookbook: Venison Dishes from Fast to Fancy by Cami
- › Chef's Choice 320 Diamond Hone Knife Sharpener by DrLogik
- › The Holiday Kosher Baker: Traditional & Contemporary Holiday... by Cami
- › Furi Ozitech Diamond Fingers Pro Knife Sharpener by nastia
- › Ivan Ramen: Love, Obsession, and Recipes from Tokyo's Most... by Jim Berman
- › Eat Ink: Recipes. Stories. Tattoos. by Jim Berman
- › The Board Smith Maple 2″x12″x18″ by kokopuffs
- › Making Creme Brulee by Pete
- › Embed That Thread! by Nicko
- › Best Practices in Tagging by Nicko
- › Finding Comfort Between Two Slices of Bread by Jim Berman
- › Barbecue, Macarons, Pizza & Burgers by Jim Berman
- › Perfect for a cold winter's day: Mexican... by ChefMannyDLM
- › How To Make Pheasant Stock by Nicko
- › How to smoke ham hocks by Nicko
- › Why I Cook: A Chef's Manifesto by ChefMannyDLM
- › A Simple How-To Guide to Making Risotto by Nicko