I regularly do the frozen pesto in the ice cube tray trick. Everything but the cheese. It holds its color just fine and is more pungent than the premade stuff. It's farmer's market time here in the upper midwest and you can get great gobs of fresh basil for a song. I make up large batches of pesto, freeze it in ice cube trays immediately and then shuck the frozen cubes into ziplock bags in the freezer. Defrost, mix in your grated cheese and use. You can add more oil if you need to when you add the cheese..
- topicHerbs And Spicestagged by System, 5/23/10
Related Forum Threads
- Measuring? Last post on 4/11/14 at 7:27am in Food & Cooking
- What treat would you buy again and again... Last post on 8/20/14 at 10:23am in Food & Cooking
- Welcome, Spring! Last post on 3/21/14 at 10:05am in Food & Cooking
- Getting started Last post on 3/22/14 at 1:59pm in The Chef's Garden
- Cheap Saffron Last post on 9/19/13 at 7:53pm in Food & Cooking
How To Prepare Fresh Herbs For Cooking
Last edited: 1/10/12
- Top 10 Least Well Known Culinary HerbsLast edited: 5/8/10
- History And Descriptions Of ChiliesLast edited: 3/8/10
- A Standard For All SeasonsLast edited: 2/16/10
- Pepper Profile ChipotlesLast edited: 2/16/10
I am a culinary student and this was my first knife I ever had. I loved the way the handle was shaped and loved the weight I felt in my hand. The blade stays sharp and is a great length. After just...
I've been on a bit of New Orleans Cajun and Creole kick with my cookbook reviews recently so I thought I'd stray a bit, although not too far and review a cookbook about seafood that can be found...
This sweet baby was my daily knife on the line for about two years.The grip is intuitive and lightweight and the knife just has a great action. She holds an edge for a surprisingly long amount of...
I have been through three butcher blocks by this company and each one has developed hairline cracks. The butcher block, on the whole, seems well made and has held up well. No warping, easy on...
I have attended NIU for three semesters now and am currently enrolled in its Hospitality Management program. It wasn't my first choice as I was unsure of my education path, but I choose it because...
Why does my fresh basil turn black? - Page 2post #31 of 328/18/11 at 8:05pm
ChefTalk.com Top Pickspost #32 of 3210/16/12 at 3:31pm
- Why does my fresh basil turn black?
ChefTalk.com Top Picks
- Top 10 Least Well Known Culinary Herbs
Currently, there are 431 Active Users (6 Members and 425 Guests)
- › Everybody is a chef in now days 5 minutes ago
- › Stepping away from the culinary industry....for good...BUT!! 9 minutes ago
- › Favorite Food Cooked Over The Fire 15 minutes ago
- › September 2014 Challenge - Rice 19 minutes ago
- › Canning and pickling salt 24 minutes ago
- › I am embarrassed 48 minutes ago
- › Mushy Fries 57 minutes ago
- › Sugar and humidity help 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › Storing cooked meat 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › Back on the line again after years of being away 1 hour, 42 minutes ago
- › J.A. Henckels International Forged Synergy 8-Inch Chef's Knife by 13krama
- › The Complete Guide to Northern Gulf Seafood by Pete
- › MAC MTH-80 8" Chef's Knife w/ Dimples by LovelyFeyd
- › John Boos Reversible End Grain Maple Chopping Block, 20 by 15 by... by wwatt7262
- › Northern Illinois University Hospitality Administration by JLomb
- › In a While, Crocodile: New Orleans Slow Cooker Recipes by Pete
- › Professional Baking by Naturesbliss
- › Fresh and Light by Cami
- › Ferrandi Paris - The French School of Culinary Arts by pastelle
- › Viking VSC0508 8 Inch Stainless Steel Fry Pan by santoku runner