I regularly do the frozen pesto in the ice cube tray trick. Everything but the cheese. It holds its color just fine and is more pungent than the premade stuff. It's farmer's market time here in the upper midwest and you can get great gobs of fresh basil for a song. I make up large batches of pesto, freeze it in ice cube trays immediately and then shuck the frozen cubes into ziplock bags in the freezer. Defrost, mix in your grated cheese and use. You can add more oil if you need to when you add the cheese..
- topicHerbs And Spices
Related Forum Threads
- Cheap Saffron Last post on 4/21/11 at 7:03pm in Food & Cooking
- Dandelion Greens Last post on 4/1/11 at 11:22am in Food & Cooking
- Dehydrating citrus zest, will this work? Last post on 3/16/11 at 11:08am in Food & Cooking
- Salt and Pepper Mill Preferance Last post on 2/23/11 at 9:15pm in Food & Cooking
- Help me make capers from eldertree flowerbuds... Last post on 2/5/11 at 6:57am in Food & Cooking
How To Prepare Fresh Herbs For Cooking
Edited on 1/10/12
- Top 10 Least Well Known Culinary HerbsEdited on 5/8/10
- History And Descriptions Of ChiliesEdited on 3/8/10
- A Standard For All SeasonsEdited on 2/16/10
- Pepper Profile ChipotlesEdited on 2/16/10
This appears to be the identical product that we've bought here in Canada under the brand name Of Greblon Cool Kitchen Green Cusine. We've been so pleased with this fry pan that we now have...
I made the Browned butter recipe, the Honey Madeleines recipe, and the Dark Rum Financiers recipe. They all turned out wonderful - even for a first time French baker like me. A few more details...
This beautiful cookbook is divided into two main sections: The Savories and The Sweets. With such a great selection of recipes in this book everyone should be able to find something that awakens...
As a former chef, I am always interested in reading “behind the scenes” books about the restaurant world so I was excited to receive Scott Haas’s new book, “Back of the House: The Secret Life of...
Come in, We’re Closed Christine Carroll & Jody Eddy Reviewed by Jim Berman There are few cooks, if any, which do not tire of the food served in their own places. For one reason...
Why does my fresh basil turn black? - Page 2post #31 of 328/18/11 at 8:05pmpost #32 of 3210/16/12 at 3:31pm
Hey, How about sage, I am a new organic gardener in that I am selling it now, been growing it for years. I just found out that my sage is turning black quickly when bagged in plastic bags. Other herbs do well. I am not washing it prior to packaging. Treating it very gently. Any ideas?
- Why does my fresh basil turn black?
- Top 10 Least Well Known Culinary Herbs
- › Tarts 15 minutes ago
- › Shallot Hummus 42 minutes ago
- › I need your help guys! 52 minutes ago
- › Camp Cook Virgin 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Big Mistakes or Great Errors! 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › planning future menus 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Becoming a baker with asthma? 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › health issues 1 hour, 52 minutes ago
- › Commercial kitchen for rent--Greenwich CT. 1 hour, 59 minutes ago
- › Le Creuset vs Lodge 1 hour, 59 minutes ago
- › Strauss Green Cuisine 9.5 Inch Skillet with Non Stick Ceramic Coating by Bill Methatswho
- › Simple French Desserts by ColleenS
- › From a Southern Oven: The Savories, The Sweets by heath67013
- › Back of the House: The Secret Life of a Restaurant by Pete
- › Come In, We're Closed: An Invitation to Staff Meals at the... by Jim
- › Smith's 50281 Adjustable Edge Pro Electric Knife Sharpener by JimA
- › Johnson and Wales University - Providence, RI by Flavorchef
- › The Elements of Dessert by BenRias
- › J.A. Henckels Twin Sharp Duo Knife Sharpener by Aaron McKeown
- › Edible Selby by Jim
- › Teri-Spam Musubi (moo-sue-bee) by kaneohegirlinaz
- › Decorating with Edible Paper by Terricakelady
- › Fast Food Chinese by Jim
- › The 5 Facets of a Good Restaurant by Jim
- › How to, What To, When To Sear by Jim
- › Going Electronic in the Kitchen by Nicko
- › Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream by Jim
- › Time For Another Road Trip, California Here... by kaneohegirlinaz
- › Edamame-Ginger Frozen Custard by Jim
- › Maki Sushi For Dummies, Like ME!! by kaneohegirlinaz