the duties entail:
Helps lead chef by providing foodstuffs, supplies, and food preparation assistance; maintaining cooking utensils, equipment, and kitchen sanitation.
* Provides food preparation assistance by washing, peeling, cutting, and seeding vegetables and fruits; cleaning, cutting, and grinding meats, poultry, and seafood.
* Prepares soups and sauces by stirring and straining.
* Breads foods by by dipping food items in crumbs, flour, and batter.
* Controls recipes by weighing and measuring designated ingredients.
* Provides foodstuffs and utensils for chef by carrying pans, kettles, and trays of food to and from work stations, stove, and refrigerator.
* Maintains food quality by storing foods in designated areas; minimizing spoilage.
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by cleaning work areas, equipment and utensils; segregating and removing garbage; steam-cleaning or hosing garbage containers; following sanitation standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
* Keeps supplies and foodstuffs ready by inventorying stock; requisitioning supplies and foodstuffs; verifying receipt; storing.
* Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
* Enhances kitchen and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Food Sanitation, Teamwork, Quality Focus, Safety Management, Energy Level, Multi-tasking, Dependability, Supply Management, Equipment Maintenance, Self-Development, Verbal Communication