New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:


post #1 of 3
Thread Starter 
I need a quick drying "glaze" or icing that I can brush onto cookies...and that I can use to make sugar stick to the cookies. I want it to "dry" like a royal icing, but not so thick.
post #2 of 3
Yes, just thin out your royal icing.:)
post #3 of 3
Hi there,

Personally, I don't like using royal icing because it just doesn't taste very good. Instead, I dip my cookies in a fondant icing like the one at this link (Quick Pour Fondant Icing - Allrecipes ). But, I usually use milk instead of water and leave out the almond extract. Add coloring if you want.

Just dip the top of your cookies in it and they will have a nice glossy coating. Don't stir too much or you'll get bubbles in your icing.

Good luck!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Pastries & Baking