Kitchen Space Needed in NJ
I was able to locate some names of Commercial Kitchens for rent - Englewood, North Bergen, Hawthorne, Kenilworth and New Brunswick. Do you know if they are responsible for passing the Board of Health Inspections? I understand rental is by the hour based on avg. hrs to be used per month. Other then food handler's certificate, Business License, some sort of liability insurance...Is there anything else I would need?
Disclaimer: I live in California
First step, check with your local health department, they should have a checklist.
Second, check with your local business license authority, they should also have a checklist
Third, I would strongly suggest a Food Safety Manager certification, a Food Handler card is not enough, IMHO.
Fourth, check with one or more of the rental kitchens, they should also have a checklist,
At a minimum:
- DBA or fictitious name filed
- Business license for each jurisdiction
- Health permit for each jurisdiction
- General liability insurance, $2,000,000 minimum
- Employer's Identification Number, EIN, if you think you might hire any employees
- Food Safety Manager's certification, ServSafe, NRFSP, or equivalent
Specialties: MasterCook/RecipeFox; Culinary logistics; Personal Chef; Small restaurant owner; Caterer