or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

90/10 Rule?

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
I've seen two ads for chefs today with this phrase: "Ensures standard of 90/10 rule is met in kitchen". Can someone tell me exactly what this means?
Anulos qui animum ostendunt omnes gestemus!
Reply
Anulos qui animum ostendunt omnes gestemus!
Reply
post #2 of 8
I am not sure if this is the same concept, but when I was in corporate food service, we had the 90/10 rule for the proportion of fresh to canned/frozen product.

Invention, my dear friends, is ninety-three percent perspiration, six percent electricity, four percent evaporation, and two percent butterscotch ripple

My Author Page

Reply

Invention, my dear friends, is ninety-three percent perspiration, six percent electricity, four percent evaporation, and two percent butterscotch ripple

My Author Page

Reply
post #3 of 8
Thats it Jim, and meet budget or profits depending on your operation. Looks good on paper but hard to do when fuel is driving all of our costs up. Sysco is charging a fuel service charge on all deliveries now and I expect that to be raised soon.................
The two most common things in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity !
Reply
The two most common things in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity !
Reply
post #4 of 8

Ugh.  I really do not like Sysco.  For so many reasons. U S Foods is the best as far as I'm concerned.

post #5 of 8
It could also be a reference to a "kickback" program. Anytime you get a percentage back weekly, quarterly or annually they want 90% of your business and the other 10% can go to other purveyors.
post #6 of 8

Um, the thread is FOUR years old folks!

Chef,
Specialties: MasterCook/RecipeFox; Culinary logistics; Personal Chef; Small restaurant owner; Caterer
Reply
Chef,
Specialties: MasterCook/RecipeFox; Culinary logistics; Personal Chef; Small restaurant owner; Caterer
Reply
post #7 of 8

I realize that the restaurant business is predicated on perishable product, but I didn't realize that threads on this forum had a use by date! lol.gif

Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.
Reply
Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.
Reply
post #8 of 8

LOL  PETE!!!

 

 

You Go!

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

Reply

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Professional Chefs