Related Forum Threads
- Vegetarian Cookbooks Last post on 9/17/11 at 1:03pm in Cookbook Reviews
- Review Reader Poll Last post on 6/2/11 at 7:00am in Cookbook Reviews
- Help w/ Veggie Burger Recipe Last post on 4/19/11 at 9:19pm in Food & Cooking
- Looking for cookbook with recipes to turn daily humdrum meals into flavor rich dishes Last post on 3/18/11 at 1:12pm in Cookbook Reviews
- Stockpot Recommendations from New England Soup Factory Last post on 10/17/12 at 9:32am in Cooking Equipment Reviews
I attended LCB in Portland, Oregon and also in Scottsdale, Arizona. I was overall very disappointed with my time at Le Cordon Bleu. The standards are LOW. I'm talking DIRTY uniforms, poor overall...
I have been baking my entire life, and some of the recipes, i would not recommend.
Great all around experience in a beautiful college environment. Great chefs, serious students, exposure to lots of knowledge. Wonderful facilities! Can't go wrong.
I am still in school but this place is great. The teacher are know there stuff and many of them still work in the industry or they had previous experience from 4 star to managing the food for...
I personally had great times here and made a lot of friends. But all that aside, LCI stopped the externship part of the program which is truly where students will little to no experience really...
Any good Vegeterian cookbooks?
ChefTalk.com Top Picks
I have several dozen vegetarian cookbooks, and have read at least that many more. Lot's of good ones out there. But my two favorites are:
1.Gardener's Community Cookbook, compiled and written by Victoria Wise. This is a compendium of how gardener/cooks use the veggies that they grow. Lot's of creative uses found here.
2. A Barnes & Nobel book simply titled Vegetarian. It contains more than 300 recipes from all over the world, ranging from the simple to the sophisticated. I found it on a remaindered table, so you may have to search for it. But well worth having, IMO.
As you conduct your own search, don't neglect the single-topic books, such as James McNair's Squash Cookbook.
I will third (fourth?) the Moosewoods and add that Madhurs Jaffrery books do a lot of vege food as well as does a lot of East Indian cuisine. As Bourdain said when in the area..."Vegetarian doesn't have to suck."
"The Vegetarian Bistro" by Marlena Spieler is a wonderful cookbook. I am in no way a vegetarian, but this is one of my favorites. Classic french regional cooking and all veg. Apparently she traveled all over France eating and gathered everything veg she could find.According to the book, Spieler herself is not vegetarian, but her touring companion was and she found herself in some unique situations.
Good stories, even better recipes, great book!
While Mark Bittman is a legend in his own mind, many of us here are not particularly enamoured of his writing (how's that for being diplomatic, guys?). So it's no surprise nobody mentioned that book---which, as you say, is not the best cookbook in the world. Indeed, even among vegetarian cookbooks, it's not even in the running for "best."
- Any good Vegeterian cookbooks?
- › Life After the Kitchen 40 minutes ago
- › Chinese Orange Chicken 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › Ingredients list 2 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Kitchen Setup - What do you like and dislike? 2 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Completely Custom Menu restaurant Concept. Genius? Madness? or Both? 3 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Sous vide at home 3 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Issues with Sous 4 hours ago
- › TRANSGENDER CHEF 4 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › Chef's Choice or minosharp sharpener for 70/30 bevel? 5 hours, 1 minute ago
- › made a new purchase, vitamix, whats your opinion? 6 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by freshbaked
- › Professional Baking by Daniel Benitez
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by backtobasics2
- › Orange Coast College Culinary Arts by nikimouse311
- › Lincoln Culinary Institute - Culinary Training by PRChef561
- › Anova Sous Vide Immersion Circulator (Black) by theloggg
- › Chef Academy by MartyfromItaly
- › Culinary Cooking School Professional Meat Grinder Food Chopper Fits... by Pete
- › Institute of Culinary Education (New York) by m00chness
- › Mauviel M250 Tin Lined 8pc Copper Cookware by Virgil
- › Kalua Pig And Cabbage
- › Kalua Pork, Oven Style
- › Beef and Mushroom Skewers with Onion Balsamic...
- › Jerk Chicken
- › The Florodora-A Gin Cocktail
- › Grilled Shrimp Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
- › Chicken Salad - A Lesson in Presentation
- › Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza
- › Coca Cola Battered Cherries
- › Strawberry Freezer Jam-Jelly Making Made Simple